+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Toy sales 2016

Does anyone know when the toy sales start and the catalogues are out? Our big w already has toys everywhere.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Big w starts on 16 June. They've got an online catalogue. Apparently Target isn't doing their usual toy sale and they won't have the extended lay by until Christmas. But, I have only heard that from something O read online and I don't know that it is actually entirely true.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Afternoon news just reported that Target not doing toy sales and there's a huge uproar from ppl about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    They said they are doing a toy sale just not offering extended layby, as 70% of the layby's put on weren't ever paid off or picked up, that was just in one store not overall.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I heard big w are doing 10% deposit too. Guess because target and kmart aren't doing it this year they isn't any competition. Sucks balls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Disappointing about Target, the whole appeal there is the extended lay-by period!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in retail and have so for many many years. The biggest reason why Christmas lay-bys don't exist is because the majority of parents not saying all will rush in put a massive amounts of toys on lay by and never pick them up. The toy sale lay-bys are not kept in store. They get packed and processed instore then put on pallets and sent to a warehouse for storage where the business then has to pay for them to be transported and stored there then when and if the customer wants the stock it's re-picked and transported back to the original store and wait for the customer to pick up. By the time the customer collects the lay by nearly 25 people have touched the parcel. It's an expensive process to do and very time consuming hence why it doesn't happen anymore

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

Cevapa  (10-06-2016),VicPark  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    I work in retail and have so for many many years. The biggest reason why Christmas lay-bys don't exist is because the majority of parents not saying all will rush in put a massive amounts of toys on lay by and never pick them up. The toy sale lay-bys are not kept in store. They get packed and processed instore then put on pallets and sent to a warehouse for storage where the business then has to pay for them to be transported and stored there then when and if the customer wants the stock it's re-picked and transported back to the original store and wait for the customer to pick up. By the time the customer collects the lay by nearly 25 people have touched the parcel. It's an expensive process to do and very time consuming hence why it doesn't happen anymore
    You really should move into their social media department. I put a complaint on their wall about no extended lay by being disappointing and got told their prices will be so low all the time I would need lay by. I don't even use lay by but I was pretty angry at that response, who the hell are they to decide what I can and can't afford? Had they written your response I would have left it instead of writing an angry retort (among others who also fired up).

I have no issue with a 10% deposit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    You really should move into their social media department. I put a complaint on their wall about no extended lay by being disappointing and got told their prices will be so low all the time I would need lay by. I don't even use lay by but I was pretty angry at that response, who the hell are they to decide what I can and can't afford? Had they written your response I would have left it instead of writing an angry retort (among others who also fired up).

I have no issue with a 10% deposit.
    That's a pretty rude response to write, makes you wonder who actually writes them. Company I work for will still have the lay by but not until Xmas eve like it used to be. Imagine 300 pallets of toys coming in for 1 massive sale then 2/3 of it put on lay by. Logistical nightmare

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babybeeno1 View Post
    Holy crappoli!!!

Thanks for the insight!