+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah not sure what the norm is either. But my ds won't even be held in the cradle position - has to be upright. I figure that ain't normal! One more question... Did the gp do some sort of test to diagnose or do they just medicate according to symptoms?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    Yeah not sure what the norm is either. But my ds won't even be held in the cradle position - has to be upright. I figure that ain't normal! One more question... Did the gp do some sort of test to diagnose or do they just medicate according to symptoms?
    The only way they can 'test' is to put a camera down bubs throat (which they're not about to do unless absolutely necessary) so the medication essentially confirms the diagnosis. DS2 is also on Losec that's the most commonly prescribed for both reflux (GORD) and silent reflux. However there are a few others they might try - ask for Losec to be compounded onto a liquid if you can, it makes it much easier to dispense.

Search the forums on bubhub about reflux there is plenty of info/others experiences you can read. Also check out the reflux org website. I think it's worth looking into, no one wants to medicate their baby, but if it gives them obvious relief it's worth trying.

There are other more natural approaches you can try, unfortunately none of them worked for us.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

BB77  (10-06-2016),wobbleyhorse  (10-06-2016)