+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post

You can't wave a red flag at a bull and then get upset it charged.
    Victim blaming. Just plain victim blaming.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-06-2016),Barnaby  (12-06-2016),BettyV  (11-06-2016),BettyW  (11-06-2016),delirium  (11-06-2016),Ngaiz  (11-06-2016),RobinSparkles  (11-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (11-06-2016),Sonja  (11-06-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (11-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-06-2016),WaitRose  (11-06-2016),Wise Enough  (11-06-2016)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Disclaimer the pic is deleted so I'm just speaking generally.

At the end of the day humans are animals, majority of animals will/ have predictable behaviour based on certain situations and scenarios.

So in this case I think your partner has some right to be upset ( even if you weren't intending on putting on a show you were in public mucking around) but the men also are to blame for acting on impulse.

I'm all for women rights but I am conservative and feel every human should take responsibility. We ( as women) act as we're invincible but we're not. Just because we have a legal right won't stop some bulls charging at the red flag.
    WTAF?
    No seriously.
    Actually this post says you're NOT for women's rights. What it says is women have to mind their behaviour because men are just animals, and shouldn't be expected to be able to control themselves.

Ridiculous

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-06-2016),Barnaby  (12-06-2016),BettyV  (11-06-2016),BettyW  (11-06-2016),delirium  (11-06-2016),LoveLivesHere  (11-06-2016),Ngaiz  (11-06-2016),Olive Oil  (11-06-2016),Redcorset  (11-06-2016),RobinSparkles  (11-06-2016),rusty22  (11-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (11-06-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (11-06-2016),Tiny Dancer  (11-06-2016),twinklify  (11-06-2016),WaitRose  (11-06-2016),Wise Enough  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GucciDahling View Post
    WTAF?
    No seriously.
    Actually this post says you're NOT for women's rights. What it says is women have to mind their behaviour because men are just animals, and shouldn't be expected to be able to control themselves.

Ridiculous
    Agree completely. MEN HAVE CONTROL OVER THEIR ACTIONS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default My partner and I are debating. Need help.

I'm all for women rights but I am conservative and feel every human should take responsibility. We ( as women) act as we're invincible but we're not. Just because we have a legal right won't stop some bulls charging at the red flag.
    Are you serious? I wasn't flagging a red bull. I was taking photos with my friend. I didn't even know these guys were looking over at us. How is that flagging? For what you suggest I would have had to be trying to get their attention. Also this has nothing to do with being invincible, I don't see how we were even close to acting that way.

I agree with the others, please explain your understanding of women's rights
    Last edited by ThreePeasPlease; 11-06-2016 at 11:33.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week

Wow. So you believe in every human taking responsibility.... but it's her fault for encouraging the behaviour of these guys? I know you said these guys were also to blame but then you say they acted in impulse so there is this inference they couldn't help it.

They were in little german outfits, with a few too many drinks in them having fun. There is no red flag here. And these are the type of comments that enable sh*tty male behaviour. How about the guys not act like w@nkers?? There would be an idea!

OP you did nothing wrong. Your DP needs to get over it. It's not like you were falling all over these guys. The only fault lays with the guys in this scenario (might I say I really don't think what they did was shocking either).

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-06-2016),BettyW  (11-06-2016),Mokeybear  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/3764489.html I thought this was a powerful message to parents.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (11-06-2016),Yoghurt  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So you're attacking me because I agree with your partner in this debate. You asked for opinions and I agree with your partner. If you're acting provocatively in a public place it's possible that it will attract the attention of others even if that's not your intention. The men in this case were just excited as that sort of behaviour by two tipsy girls in previous experience HAS continued to be a performance.

Just because we're female doesn't give us the right to do what we want when we want.
    We need to take responsibility for what we do and how that impacts others.

So my responsibility and how it impacts others based on this post topic: I knew you would be put back because of my comments as I'm not agreeing with you, I'm agreeing with your partner ( who you've already expressed you disagree with).

society is so PC now it's telling women they can dress in a mini skirt and walk down dark alleys or go into the male bathrooms with a whole football team with confidence. Society and the media are to scared of being called victim blamers ( like I have been) but come on you don't go into a male toilet in a nightclub with a whole football team to have a cup of tea. If you don't put yourself in those situations then the impression and opportunity can't arise.

Verbal language is only a small way in which humans communicate ( studies have suggested less than 10%)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

Phony  (11-06-2016),VicPark  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

We need to take responsibility for what we do and how that impacts others.

society is so PC now it's telling women they can dress in a mini skirt and walk down dark alleys or go into the male bathrooms with a whole football team with confidence. Society and the media are to scared of being called victim blamers ( like I have been) but come on you don't go into a male toilet in a nightclub with a whole football team to have a cup of tea. If you don't put yourself in those situations then the impression and opportunity can't arise.
    ( studies
    I think you have a poor understanding of sexual assault and even with those hypothetical examples, she still didnt ask for it.

Being "provocative" can draw attention but the ones giving attention are still in controwof their reactions.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yoghurt For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (11-06-2016),BettyW  (11-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Disclaimer the pic is deleted so I'm just speaking generally.

At the end of the day humans are animals, majority of animals will/ have predictable behaviour based on certain situations and scenarios.

So in this case I think your partner has some right to be upset ( even if you weren't intending on putting on a show you were in public mucking around) but the men also are to blame for acting on impulse.

By comparing a bull charging at a red flag with women having some accountability for others' reactions is ridiculous. Nothing, absolutely nothing, gives another person the right to assume permission based on the way a female (or male, but let's face it, majority of victim blaming is aimed at us) acts. Permission isn't based on assumptions; it's as clear as "yes".
    You make it sound like men have no control over their actions. That they're less evolved than us and we have to tread carefully. Bullsh!t. How insulting to the majority of men out there that respect others.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (11-06-2016),rusty22  (11-06-2016),TheGooch  (11-06-2016),Wise Enough  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    I think you have a poor understanding of sexual assault and even with those hypothetical examples, she still didnt ask for it.

Being "provocative" can draw attention but the ones giving attention are still in controwof their reactions.
    They just ran over to get a better look, from a far how did they know it was just two friends innocently mucking around