+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Christ on a bike, that kid has a knack. Would I want it shown on social media for the world to see, absolutely not. Imo, girls that age do not need make up at all, for fun and dress ups at home, I dont see the harm so much. But why on earth would you out this on you tube? That is what is harmful in my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    I see where you are coming from. I was just curious as I have a DD12 who is off to high school next year.

I think we need to be working on the boys giving the 'wrong' attention, rather than put all the responsibility on the girls to appear 'appropriate'. Although this is another discussion entirely.
    It comes down to how we as parents wants our kids raised. My son is 9 and he is being brought to show respect to both genders. And Bub that is cooking , 30 days to go will be brought up the same way whether not or girl. My older sister works in the fashion industry in NY she has a daughter who is 7 and there is no way on earth she will let her wear make up at this age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't think this has anything to do with a little girl with strong make up game. What it is is someone who decided to exploit a child. So many people look for ways to become internet rich these days and young impressionable girls will watch her videos over and over again making the person filthy rich from sponsorships and advertising on her page. Some people make thousands from these amatuer videos. Your average six year old doesn't do this and she's clearly been coached. I find the idea of that much worse than a six year old wearing make up on a you tube video.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (11-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (11-06-2016),Tinkers  (10-06-2016),VicPark  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just watched the video again.

Why the f would anyone put a video like this of their child in the public domain?

The poor kid should be playing with playdoh and Lego ffs

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babybeeno1  (10-06-2016),Tinkers  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post

Why the f would anyone put a video like this of their child in the public domain?

It's sick

Thanks
    Reviews

Go and watch it on YouTube you will be horrified with the comments if that was my girl I'd take the video down. If a little girl reads stuff like that about herself
    I can only imagine the damage it would do to her. Adults commit suicide over it how's a little girl going to feel. It's sick

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What worries me is the fact that pedos would be having a field day watching that. And that's an awful, uncomfortable reality to acknowledge, but it's the unfortunate truth. I think she's a total cutie pie and can see she's having fun, but it's the putting it out there on social media for the whole world to see that concerns me. There are sick people who se-xualise little girls who look like grown women and I think she'd be an obvious target. And that's a shame, a shame that those types of things need to even be considered in this world, but they do. In an ideal world that little girl should be able to do those types of videos for fun, but it's just like that when she's put out there and exposed at such a young age.
    As for the make up itself, of course she's too young to be caked in it and looking like a 25 year old. But if she's doing it privately at home, I don't see a problem. It's just makeup. I doubt she's allowed to walk around in public like that.
    And yeah, she's got some kick as$ skills!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-06-2016)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My 6 yo dd loves make up and make up tutorials. She has a 14 yo cousin and they play makeup together. She doesn't go out wearing make up and she had lots of other interests and hobbies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ngaiz View Post
    I don't think this has anything to do with a little girl with strong make up game. What it is is someone who decided to exploit a child. So many people look for ways to become internet rich these days and young impressionable girls will watch her videos over and over again making the person filthy rich from sponsorships and advertising on her page. Some people make thousands from these amatuer videos. Your average six year old doesn't do this and she's clearly been coached. I find the idea of that much worse than a six year old wearing make up on a you tube video.
    Good point about other young girls watching the clip. My oldest girl is 5, & I don't think I would allow her to watch this. So many reasons why, but I dont want my 5yo to sit around on the ipad watching another young girl applying makeup and thinking this is what I should do to be beautiful.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

Reneeharry  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wish this little girl was encourage to express herself in a different way.

Maybe a 6 year old giving make up tutorials in itself isn't *that* bad (that's debateable!), however combine it with the boys and girls toy aisles, Uncle bob commenting the boy next door 'throws like a girl,' the dudes mag at eye level in coles with the bikini clad chick on her knees staring seductively into the camera, the occasional school which only allows girls to wear skirts (and not pants) in winter ....and .... Well it all contributes to a society where women are treated as objects and don't have the same opportunities as men.
    I 100% agree with you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast