+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy Conceiving after D&C

Hi Ladies -
    I Had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and a D&C on April 1st this year. My first period started on April 30 and lasted 24 days!!! (on and off)
    I got a positive ovulation test on May 27th but it looks like my period has started again today (June 9th) which is really early but it seems far too heavy to be implantation bleeding.
    I'm super sad and frustrated.
    How long until my stupid body is back to normal? Has anyone else experienced something similar and how long post D&C did it take you to conceive? Would love to hear your stories.
    Thanks a heap
    A. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My situation was a little different it took 9 weeks from memory to get AF back! I thought it was never going to happen. Once it did come back I had a really short Luteal Phase less than 10 days some times but I fell pregnant regardless, on about my 5th cycle. I don't think I tried the first cycle so maybe 4 attempts?

If you are concerned maybe get your hormone levels checked etc. I was in the midst of getting mine checked (to confirm I was in fact ovulating etc) when I got pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a missed miscarriage and a D&C on 4th feb. My period arrived on 4th March. My first cycle after AF arrived, was 28 days (24-25 was normal for me). The next one was 19 days (i ovulated on day 8). The next one i ovulated on day 11 and got my BFP that cycle.

Good luck Hun. Ttc is hard enough, but following a mc, it is all the more devastating when AF arrives