+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I love birthdays!
    We always celebrate, eat yummy food, drink too many cocktails!!
    DF and the children always spoil me and make sure I know how loved and appreciated I am.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 39th is approaching (next week) and I don't know how I feel about it to be honest. I love celebrating my kids birthdays and I spent ages making a cake for my DP's birthday but he is only 33. I feel a bit flat about this one.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    my birthday is Anzac Day. So that is a happy/sad day every year. Next year I will be 60!! I don't really feel any thing much about my birthdays. I enjoy my children and now my grandchildren's birthdays more than my own.
    PS, cheers happymum2. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure. I don't feel sad about getting older, it's more that no one cares much outside of my mum, one friend and DH. I tend to feel indifferent now tbh. I often feel like I do a lot for others but it's never reciprocated for me and now ds which makes me sad. We had heaps of first birthdays last year but I had too many pull out of ds's small birthday party and it fell flat. Pretty much all my friends didn't even know I turned 30 last year. I'm over it! I think we'll make each of our birthdays special in our own family unit now until ds gets to school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have always liked birthdays and like making a fuss of people but since having DS that has gotten stronger. I love planning his cake etc and I love getting him to help me cook/plan when it is someone else's bday. DH likes to make a fuss of birthdays too so I always feel spoiled by him.

I do not like planning parties though, lr even having them. They stress me out and I have this morbid fear no one will show up. I do them for DS (generally while panicking about it) but would much prefer just a quiet family meal over a party for myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's just another day for me. It's nice to get birthday wishes from family and friends but apart from that that's all it is for me, just another day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like my birthday. It's a sign to me that I've been blessed with another year on the earth. I'm about to turn 39 and have loved my 30s. I know who I am and walk confidently in my own shoes, if that makes sense.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-06-2016),BornToBe  (09-06-2016),sunnyflower  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's my birthday next week . It's just another day to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Birthdays were a big deal growing up in our house. They were always so magical. As a grown up they dont quite compare because my DH doesnt quite get that I want to be made a fuss over and showered with love and cake.

But yep, I love birthdays!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    It's my birthday next week . It's just another day to me

Mine too. On the 15th