+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tattoo should I or shouldn't I

Nope. I've gone through stages where I was absolute certain I wanted a tattoo, each time was a different design in a different place, I'm SO relieved I never went through with it. I really dislike tattoos and find them a bit tacky. I do like the look of them sometimes on other people. But I think if you are questioning it, you shouldn't do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow guys. Thanks this stuff is exactly what I was after and to be honest, I now leaning towards not getting it. By referring to age 60, I was referring to the whole bleeding ink, fading etc. I'm now leaning more towards not getting it. But thanks everyone. These were exactly the kind if feedback I was after ☺

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamscapezd For This Useful Post:

MissSparkles  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    And people are judgey *sigh*.
    Agree..... I think I have more chances of not getting a job because of my epilepsy so meh hahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I advise "no" to everyone who says they are considering a tattoo..

When I was 18, I thought tattoos were super cool. Older family members and friends showed me theirs and the edges were all faded and fuzzy looking, the inks faded, and the tattoos looked old and icky. I was told my someone else that tattoos have come a long way, inks and guns are so much more advanced, they don't fade and look awful as they age anymore..

Well, I naively believed the wrong person and went ahead and got a tattoo. I'm now 35 and my tattoo is UGLY! The edges are all faded and they've run, the colours are faded and ugly, there's no definition to it and I hate it!!

I now want to get laser tattoo removal, I've been using a chemical peel to fade it slowly, started about a month ago, but it's not really working..

So, I vote, don't do it..
    That would be because u haven't touched it up sorry to say! ha.

Depends on artists too. How you treat your skin etc. if your a skin baker eg 'show your skin to sun' make sure you slip slop slap' tattoos aren't sun savvy

6. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    I have tattoos.

Don't care where they are.

My next tattoo will be my whole chest. Not sure why people care about the 'visable' factor unless they are the ones looking at them??
    I wanted to be able to easily cover mine so that if I one day decided I wish I didn't have tattoos I didn't have to go to the expense, and through the pain, of having them lasered. I feel quite impartial to my tattoos now...so for me, I'm glad I stuck with small and easily covered. I admire the artwork of large tattoos, but I would never have a large tattoo personally. I don't regret them....because they are part of my story of my life. And I really do think I'd still want a tattoo if I never had one. But my designs would definitely not be what I have. Although, for me...I am lucky enough that I could easily cover up with new tattoos if I want to. I just don't care enough to change the designs...probably because they are generally covered. I do have a laugh about the one I got when I was 17...because it was stupid. But it's on my back so I don't ever see it.
    Last edited by Full House; 10-06-2016 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    That would be because u haven't touched it up sorry to say! ha.

Depends on artists too. How you treat your skin etc. if your a skin baker eg 'show your skin to sun' make sure you slip slop slap' tattoos aren't sun savvy
    I'm practically a vampire plus both my tattoos can be covered easily (one is under my watch band so has its own lily white patch of skin) but they still show signs of ageing.

I think if I got another I would treat it like breast implants - there's a good chance you will need to get it redone if you want to keep it looking good, no matter how well you look after it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have nearly my whole back covered and a few others (14 tattoos all up) and I love each and everyone of them. If you have done your research on artists and have a design you love then I say go for it but I am very pro tattoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have heaps of art ideas in my head that would look nice as tattoos but like the idea in my head and not on my skin.

If you have doubts don't do it until the doubts are gone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have tattoos and I wish I had never got any of them done. I have spent $3k so far on laser removal and that's just on one of them and I'm only about half way through the treatment. I hate them. At the time I was adamant I would love them forever. I don't. I get embarrassed when people see them. If you have any doubts please don't do it!