+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tattoo should I or shouldn't I

I'm 32 and for over a year I have been debating if I should or shouldn't get a tattoo. I need help pls. I have a design locked in. I know where I would put it. It is meaningful to me. I don't care if other ppl like it or not. But it's forever and I'm struggling to commit to it. I also don't want to be 60 and regret the look of it either....

I need ppl to either convince me to get it or to convince me to skip it.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd love to see a pic of this tattoo design! Or can you describe it?
    I have quite a large tattoo that goes from my foot, across my ankle and up my lower leg. It's gorgeous, Japanese cherry blossoms and I am constantly complimented on it.... But, I sometimes just wish it wasn't there anymore. I actually don't particularly like having something that stands out so much on me and avoid wearing anything that shows it as much as possible these days. I'd much prefer if I'd have gotten it in a place where only I could see it.
    Yet, I would love more tatts! Maybe it's because of the size of the one I described that kind of bothers me. It can't be missed and some days I regret it, as beautiful a design as it is :/
    I have another smaller tattoo which doesn't bug me so much, even though it's in a visible spot as well, it's a better size for my liking.
    Not sure what to advise you in this situation... Except to say that you sound pretty confident in your tattoo so that's a good sign... Life is short, just go with it! 😃
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 08-06-2016 at 23:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would personally only do it if there were no doubts that it was the right thing to do. I had zero doubts for mine that I got when I was 34

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Dreamscapezd  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I'd love to see a pic of this tattoo design! Or can you describe it?
    I have quite a large tattoo that goes from my foot, across my ankle and up my lower leg. It's gorgeous, Japanese cherry blossoms and I am constantly complimented on it.... But, I just wish it wasn't there anymore. I actually don't particularly like having something that stands out so much on me and avoid wearing anything that shows it as much as possible these days. I'd much prefer if I'd have gotten it in a place where only I could see it.
    Yet, I would love more tatts! Maybe it's because of the size of the one I described that kind of bothers me. It can't be missed and some days I regret it, as beautiful a design as it is :/
    I have another smaller tattoo which doesn't bug me so much, even though it's in a visible spot as well, it's a better size for my liking.
    Not sure what to advise you in this situation... Except to say that you sound pretty confident in your tattoo so that's a good sign... Life is short, just go with it! 😃
    It's a lotus flower in a full bloom. Which I want on the inside of my right ankle. Husband not into tattoos either. So he's been talking me out of it too. The issue is me though because I have the fear of regret in later life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think if you are not 110% sure on a tat, then maybe its not the best time to get one. However, you seem to love the image and it doesnt sound like its a massive one so I say live a little!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (09-06-2016),Dreamscapezd  (09-06-2016),pointless1  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    What if you got the tattoo somewhere a little less visible? That way you'll still have it, and if you do regret it (which I don't think you will), it'll be hidden under clothing majority of the time.

I'm 36 and have no tattoos, but almost everyone I know has at least one (in fact, a lot of people seem to want more rather than regretting it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have six, four of which I had done when I was 19 and thoughtless. Thoughtless in regards to I didn't put any thought into the design to personalise them and and also one is an armband and these days (I'm 38) I always wear sleeved items to cover it. I love tattoos and wish I had the money to get more but I would really do things differently to when I was young. My partner has none although he wants to get one to symbolise our daughter's birth. It is a personal choice and you have to want it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I got my one and only tattoo at age 30. It goes all the way up my side from the lower inside of my hip all the way up to my armpit. I love it, but I also love that it's hidden unless I want to wear a bikini (unlikely). I have zero regrets but I think it's due to my placement. Like pp said, could you position it elsewhere. I often think part of tattoo regret comes from placement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dad waited until he was 40 and finally got brave enough to get us kids names tattooed on his arm.

I've heard getting tattoos is kind of addictive though, and once you get one you're forever thinking and planning of the next.

My dad went from looking like an accountant to a bloke covered in tats in the space of a few years!

There's no harm in waiting still if you're still a tiny bit hesitant. Once it's done it's done!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to add I wanted a tattoo and had a design picked out and everything that meant something to me.
    I waited a few years and I'm so glad I did, I eventually didn't want it anymore. Not saying you would too but it's always better to be 1000% certain with anything permanent!