+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I make sure all hubby's gear (work clothes, mobile phone, wallet, keys etc) are set out in the lounge room for the next day. I can usually sleep through his alarm, but I did have a chat to him to say "Please don't talk to me or turn on any lights." It sounds selfish but I am a really poor sleeper, and I don't usually drift off until 1 or 2 in the morning. If he wakes me up early it = 0 sleep for me! Love the idea of the silent alarm, too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    DP wakes at 4:15am on the mornings that his boys aren't here. Sometimes I don't even hear his alarm go off if I'm really tired, then sometimes I toss and turn and have trouble getting back to sleep. I have just gotten used to it really, not much I can do. DP tries to be quiet so if I have trouble it's my own doing.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP has all his gear in the spare room for his 4am starts. Up & out of the room so he doesn't wake me... Though he has a (sweet!) habit of giving me a quick kiss before he gets out of bed - sometimes I wake to this, but mostly not!

But he's a stomper... Down the stairs, and a rattler... To close the door with his keys. THAT usually stirs me!

I guess my only advice is have another space he can get ready in - if we didn't have that we'd be in a v different scenario, ie. He'd have to find a new job with "normal hours" haha

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MUG81 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hubby shift works so his early morning ones, I guess I have just learned to not wake up. I will often have a backup alarm set for him on my phone (he's the type that hits snooze 400 times) but I make sure it's different to the one I use and I just wake up enough to switch it off, shake him and go back to sleep.
    He also does night shifts so comes home early morning and I usually wake up for about 10 minutes.
    I average about 4 hours of sleep a night so honestly, I think it's just not physically possible for my body to wake up that much when he wakes up. Not long term anyway. So my brain just trained itself to ignore him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH usually gets up at 4am when he is on Dayshift. At the moment it doesn't bother me as I am usually up giving bub a feed around then anyway but before bub arrived it would drive me batty as he would hit sleep at least once so I had to hear the alarm twice. I didn't know the fitbit had a silent alarm ... might have to get him one of those. Does anyone know if it would wake a very heavy sleeper, he is so hard to wake uo sometimes 😂

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Beljane For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH isn't up that much earlier than me, but I am usually pretty good at getting back to sleep. I put white noise on (using a phone app) so I don't hear him stomping around. Have you looked into your sleep difficulties? Maybe things like mindfulness activities etc might help you get back to sleep?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sajimum For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH only gets up about 1.5hrs earlier than me but im super precious about my sleep and he's always known it so he goes about getting ready super quietly.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dh gets up at 4:30 I go to bed later then him and I find I'm tired at that time and am able to sleep most mornings

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Reneeharry For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    DH isn't up that much earlier than me, but I am usually pretty good at getting back to sleep. I put white noise on (using a phone app) so I don't hear him stomping around. Have you looked into your sleep difficulties? Maybe things like mindfulness activities etc might help you get back to sleep?
    This is going to sound distressing- but I have almost a fear of falling asleep. I equate it with dying. Stupid, I know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomia View Post
    This is going to sound distressing- but I have almost a fear of falling asleep. I equate it with dying. Stupid, I know.
    Not stupid! It's quite common. I can get worked up like that too, and worry about my brain switching off and "letting go".

I use a white noise app myself.

With 2 little ones who wake for the day around 5am I'm just so damn tired I fall asleep pretty easily ATM.