+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hate to break it to you but DS originally took to beyblades in prep, then stopped using them - it is only the past 6 months or so he has taken to playing with them obsessively again (I caught him playing at 3am this morning) & he is in grade 6 now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by turquoisecoast View Post
    http://www.beyblade.com/?redir=1

so I just googled and have no idea what this is. is it a comic? a game? clearly I'm old and out of touch
    they are basically expensive spinning tops (well not really expensive @ under $10 but expensive for spinning tops) that you battle against each other to see which one can spin for longer - they come in all types that have different strengths apparently & look a bit like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyblade-...HCQKR9aRH6T1AA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'll give you random chat. Tomorrow at the school I work at it is pyjama day. I seriously thought the staff were ****ting me when they said I had to wear my pjs's..but nope, it's pj day and the kids and staff are wearing their pj's. The kids are pumped. I seriously had nothing decent that I could wear out of the house so I've just been to k-mart and bought myself some star wars pj's. I've never watched a star wars movie in my life but the pj's were kinda cute and in my size so star wars it is. I also bought a pair of bright pink fluffy slippers for $5 to wear as well.

I've had to tell my own kids I wont be walking them into their school in the morning!

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    I hate to break it to you but DS originally took to beyblades in prep, then stopped using them - it is only the past 6 months or so he has taken to playing with them obsessively again (I caught him playing at 3am this morning) & he is in grade 6 now.
    Nooooooo!!!! My DS is grade 1

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-biscotti View Post
    No worries, the offer still stands
    Thanks - I'll have a think about it (you are right this whole year has been incredibly hard for both of us but more worried about him).

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (08-06-2016),turquoisecoast  (08-06-2016)

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Thanks - I'll have a think about it (you are right this whole year has been incredibly hard for both of us but more worried about him).
    Happy to help and if a beyblade and good wishes from a stranger will help your DS, just let me know.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-biscotti For This Useful Post:

bel2466  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    they are basically expensive spinning tops (well not really expensive @ under $10 but expensive for spinning tops) that you battle against each other to see which one can spin for longer - they come in all types that have different strengths apparently & look a bit like this

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Beyblade-...HCQKR9aRH6T1AA
    sounds a bit like how we used to marbles agains eachother...back in the day (like wayyyyy back )

Mod-biscotti is offline Administrator Administrator
    Winner 2012 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    And here's my contribution to the distracting chat.....it is going to be 27C here tomorrow

Where is my Winter?
    I have scarves, new jackets and glossy boots idling away in my wardrobe, where is my WiNTER !?....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dream of getting back to 27 - it was about 8 here by 3pm & I dread to think how cold now. I'd happily trade you.
    @GirlsRock - I'm sure you will look wonderful in your new pj's & fluffy slippers plus trick everyone into thinking you are a star wars fan. I've spent probably 90% of the time since January in my pj's.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a top of 11 expected here tomorrow so I will probably need a spencer or something under my star wars pj's or I will freeze.

I hope you manage to catch a few nice hours tomorrow. xx