+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 weeks pregnant, no heartbeat, spotting, no pregnancy symptoms and 45 years old.

Hi, This is my first time in this forum. I had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and they found the sac but no baby or heartbeat. My blood test showed high levels of pregnancy hormones which I was told by my GP is good. I have been spotting nearly every second day (red colour) and have no pregnancy symptoms up to date. No sore breasts, no cramps, no morning sickness. I've had another blood test today and I am going for another ultrasound in 2 weeks. I don't know what to think as I am 45 years old and this is a surprise natural pregnancy. Anyone out there with a similar scenario? Waiting 2 weeks sucks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey hon, I'm sorry this is so stressful. At your age (sorry, that sounds terrible, I know), is it possible you're ovulating at unusual times? That could explain you only seeing a sac. You may only be five weeks going by ovulation.

Spotting is common. I spotted non stop up to 15 weeks with my last pregnancy. It may mean nothing. Although I also spotted with both my missed miscarriage and my TFMR so who knows what it means?

Having said that, it would be better if they'd seen more. Do you know what your hcg levels were?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have had, unfortunately it didn't turn out well for me but hopefully that's not the case for you. I just wanted to say that being told to wait 2 weeks is the absolute pits and drove me insane, I fully understand how you are feeling. I had 3 scans each a week apart and kept getting told to come back in 2 weeks (but I couldn't wait and due to spotting requested earlier).

The positive thing is that spotting can be quite common in a normal healthy pregnancy. And dates can definitely be out, explaining the lack of heartbeat yet.

You can request an earlier scan but just warning that they may tell you to come back in another 2 weeks etc again... They obviously need to be 100% sure before they rule anything.

Best of luck 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sucks at the best of times. At 5wks you'd only see a sac but 6 weeks you can see an outline of a foetus. Heartbeat that early is also very hard to pick up. But if your dates and the dating scans are correct it could also be a blighted ovum. I've had these in the past. A sac and placenta will grow but no baby. You'll still get a positive pregnancy test by urine and bloods but the your hcg levels will not rise much at all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My first pregnancy ended in a blighted ovum.

I was supposed to be 7 weeks went for dating scan and showed an empty sac measuring 5 weeks.

All follow up scans showed an empty sac that was growing nicely. I never had any sporting.

I had really high HcG levels too.

Ended up having a D&C at 11 weeks as I hadn't miscarried naturally.

Good luck I hope you get good news. I read lots of positive stories about people going back in 2 weeks and finding a baby with a heart beat.

I knew mine was bad news as there was no yolk sac present when there should have been at that gestation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had spotting with my miscarriage and a lot of spitting and bleeding with my Baby girl. Some women bleed and it's more common then we know
    Positive vibes for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 16 weeks and spotting lots but a normal pg. I also had a mmc and had no spotting, lots of MS, sore boobs and high hcg. Go figure! You should go for another scan Hun asap!