Moving o.s | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    My friend moved to New Brunswick for a couple of years and I spent some time there. I really liked the east of Canada and New Brunswick was interesting because it is the only province which is officially both French and English. Exploring the east, nova scotia, PEI etc was brilliant. But having said that. ..i loved Vancouver as a city. I am a country girl and don't usually like any city but Vancouver really struck me as a wonderful place. Very liveable. Didn't like toronto overly. It was very functional but didn't strike me as interesting. How about Vancouver Island? Stunning!
    We were looking at New Brunswick the pictures make it look beautiful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAT2561 View Post
    I wasn't commenting on bilingual. I was stating that New Brunswick officially recognises the equal status of French and English. The only province that does. A little more complex than bilingual.
    I wasn't meaning to sound b$tchy - I'd just not heard of it. I consulted the ever-knowing wiki, and appears they are "constitutionally bilingual", while the rest of the country just recognises both languages as offical. Obviously there is a crap load more to it than that, but I'll spare the other readers.

You learn something new every day.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know anything about Markham Ontario? DH read about it last night and it seems like it ticks a lot of our boxes (assuming DH can get a job there)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a Toronto suburb. Listen, I'm from Toronto so I won't knock it.

It really depends on what you're looking for. Good jobs, good schools, close to a major city (usually rated in the top 3). Tick. Tick. Tick.

Prettiest place in Canada? Nup. But you can travel easily and see the prettier places. We'll be living close by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have actually found a work visa that might work for us to go to the states instead so looking for suggestion of places there as well please

Thanks
    Reviews
    The US is so vast, may I ask what type of lifestyle you're after? Do you want seasons, or warm weather? How important is cost of living?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    The US is so vast, may I ask what type of lifestyle you're after? Do you want seasons, or warm weather? How important is cost of living?
    We just want a nice, safe area that is fun and interesting for young families, a place with good schools (public or private) is a must. We would like to be somewhere seasonal the cold doesn't worry us and cost of living we would be in the upper middle bracket with what DH's earning ability will be over there. Sorry not very helpful I know

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi loodle, maybe when the dates are closer, contact a few real estate people and just get an idea via email of the sort of areas you will find suitable. It is such a big step, a little knowledge in advance will be very helpful. Good luck, marie.