+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm the youngest of 3. My brothers are 3 and 6 years older than me. I didn't feel like I missed out on anything. DH however was adamant he didn't want 3, it must be 4 after being the middle child of 3. He doesn't care but felt like the "middle child" - his younger sister got everything and all the attention, his older brother wasn't the brightest so DH just did his own thing. His family dynamics are still the same now that they are adults. We have 4 children which seems to work well, 1&2 play and 3&4 play, not many arguments and they're all close together so have similar interests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    Ok another question ladies.. for those who are/were ''done'' with the amount of children they have and got rid of the baby things as you no longer needed them - were you happy to say goodbye to the baby things knowing that's it? I cried when i did it.. i felt so sad for some reason. i wanted to keep it all for god knows why.
    I am practically throwing things out the door the second my youngest outgrows anything. I want it all gone!

We have 3, same make up us your family OP (boy, girl, boy) and I hope they will all be happy with the siblings they've got. I do think it comes down to personality of the individuals. I hope my daughter doesnt ever feel bad she doesn't have a sister. But, I can't provide them everything on life, so they'll have to make do with what they've got.

I was the second of 4 (all born within 5 yrs). I never wished for anything different as it just was what it was. I do appreciate having my siblings now as an adult, and I am thankful I was able to give my kids siblings too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Youngest of 3 here. My siblings are 9 and 11 years older than me. Growing up, yes I did feel like the odd one out and remember asking my mum a few times if she can make me a sister, heh. I did manage to occupy myself, so it wasn't the worst thing in the world. With such a big age gap I grew up respecting my siblings for the most part and I feel like they led a great example for me. It did kind of suck looking back, but it wasn't the worst thing, either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Interesting reading thanks for posting question

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (09-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eldest of three (two brothers). I was really lonely.

My brothers and I are very independent from one another. Me, because I was a girl, my brothers didn't just get along.

It is what it is, but still, it would be nice to have a sister.

Mum came from four,but didn't even want her third (a "happy" accident)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the middle of 3, my younger brother always missed out and was very lonely as a child

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the middle of 3 girls. I always got the hand me downs - wasnt the first, last or a different sex so it sucked a bit! I love my sisters though and know my mum did her best. I guess I have just always needed the least from my family in terms of love, support or attention - not in a bad way, just that it has made me pretty independent!

I didnt want 3 for that reason, but was lucky enough to get 3. 2dds and a ds. I am glad it wasnt all one sex, but really do feel for my dd2 and hope I can give a bit more... my dd2 and ds are closest in age so I am hoping that will make a bit of difference. My choice to have 3 didnt really feel like a choice, I would have stopped at 2, but for circumstances (morals/values). I like even numbers, but couldnt stretch to 4 Id be a loon. I got rid of all baby stuff after dd1 and dd2! But alas ended up with 3. If you are hanging onto baby stuff, I'd say go for #4! Is there something in particular stopping you? You only live once, what is meant to be will be 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the youngest of three- the only girl. I definitely feel I missed out, but I am certain it's just because I was the only girl, and my brothers aren't what you call normal lol. It's gotten worse as I have gotten older, I think it's as they become more dysfunctional and I IMO am pretty normal!

It's personalities as well though. For eg. with my three; my DD has once or twice wished for a sister. But she gets along really well with my youngest. Which leaves my eldest as feeling very much the odd one out.

As for your other question- beside a few sentimental things, I got rid of all the baby stuff very easily! I knew as soon as I had bub #3 that I was done, I felt very content.