+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think id like a 4th.. Hubby is nor here nor there as our youngest is 3.5 and starting to be more independent. I struggled somewhat with the 3rd as number 1 & 2 were only 21 months and just turned 4... And number 3 had severe reflux until he was 1. I think I struggled as they were all so close to each other and had no help.. I would like to think it would be less of a struggle with a approx 4-4.5 year age gap between the 3rd and youngest.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitterFarts View Post
    I think id like a 4th..

There is your answer hon

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (08-06-2016),Ngaiz  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm the eldest of 3, brother 4 years younger and sister 5 years younger - as the younger two were only a year apart in age they always hung out /played together so usually mum and dad let me take a friend everywhere we went , (since I was about 10-16) even on holidays I could take a friend , we are all really close still but I do remember we all had lots of one on one time with mum and dad which was nice, going shopping or out to dinner , we still do that now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I can't speak from the 3 perspective but I am one of four and can share something of that.

My littlest sister was a surprise. Mum was 45 when she gave birth and I was 12 years old at the time. The other two were 10 (my sister) and 7 (my brother).

My 10 year old sister and I paired off as we were close in age. My brother, the only boy, had his mates. And my youngest sister was sort of left with Mum most of the time.

We all loved her of course but she couldn't really do much as she was so many years behind the rest of us! When we played Mummies and Daddies, she was the dog!!!

None the less, all these years later we are all close, and I can't imagine not having her around.

The car thing would be a consideration I suppose. We had an old car with bench seats but that was back in the day where you didn't wear seat-belts much. You'd have to upgrade to a bigger car now-a-days.

The big question is though, do YOU and your partner want another baby? I don't think babies are ever the solution to anything, but if your family feels incomplete without another then I think it is worth thinking about having one more
    I am 11 and 7 yrs younger than my bro and sis and always felt left out as they were always miles ahead of me. Left with mum was how I felt and yep, I remember role playing the family cat!

I never wanted another sibling, never even occurred to me......I just wanted to be closer to the ones I had but maybe that's just being the youngest for you, always wanting what the older ones have! Of course that fades as you get older but even now their kids are graduating and I'm still trying to pop mine out. We've always been at different life stages. It is what it is but I wanted my kids to be closer in age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm the eldest of 3, the youngest one is 6 and 8 years younger than my sister and I, respectively. I personally don't feel I missed out but that's probably because I had a sibling so close in age to me, and of the same gender. my youngest sister may feel differently but she's never really mentioned anything to this effect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok another question ladies.. for those who are/were ''done'' with the amount of children they have and got rid of the baby things as you no longer needed them - were you happy to say goodbye to the baby things knowing that's it? I cried when i did it.. i felt so sad for some reason. i wanted to keep it all for god knows why.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am the youngest of 3. I wanted a sister for a few years (I have 2 brothers). But I was closest with my eldest brother (he was 4 years older).

So, if you asked me when I was 5 I would say yes - otherwise nope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm the youngest. I have 2 brothers one is 3 years older than me the other is 18 months older. I have always wished that I had a sister.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok another question ladies.. for those who are/were ''done'' with the amount of children they have and got rid of the baby things as you no longer needed them - were you happy to say goodbye to the baby things knowing that's it? I cried when i did it.. i felt so sad for some reason. i wanted to keep it all for god knows why.
    I'm definitely done but still can't bear to part with anything yet either- just in case, god knows why as we are 1000% positive we are done with our two girls lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    God no. I clicked my heels together as we got rid of stuff. But I'm not someone who attaches emotion to things. I keep a few favourite clothes and toys but the rest is gone. DH refuses to give up the cot. I think because we both have spent sooooooo many long nights sitting beside it he's quite attached to it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (08-06-2016)