+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Question for those who are one of 3 siblings..

did you ever feel like you missed out on anything? or wished you had a 4th sibling? i am the middle of 3 (female with two brothers either side) and i always felt like i wish there was one more sibling. i always was either too young for this or too old for that being in the middle. recently my daughter has started to feel this way - i have 3 (last one was a suprise) and not sure if alot of kids who are part of 3 feel this way.. she has been begging for another sibling. i think it's as the other 2 pair off. yet here I am mid 30's and that feeling has never gone away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hmmm as an only child I can't really offer much advice... Subbing though as we are trying for a 3rd....

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't speak from the 3 perspective but I am one of four and can share something of that.

My littlest sister was a surprise. Mum was 45 when she gave birth and I was 12 years old at the time. The other two were 10 (my sister) and 7 (my brother).

My 10 year old sister and I paired off as we were close in age. My brother, the only boy, had his mates. And my youngest sister was sort of left with Mum most of the time.

We all loved her of course but she couldn't really do much as she was so many years behind the rest of us! When we played Mummies and Daddies, she was the dog!!!

None the less, all these years later we are all close, and I can't imagine not having her around.

The car thing would be a consideration I suppose. We had an old car with bench seats but that was back in the day where you didn't wear seat-belts much. You'd have to upgrade to a bigger car now-a-days.

The big question is though, do YOU and your partner want another baby? I don't think babies are ever the solution to anything, but if your family feels incomplete without another then I think it is worth thinking about having one more
    Last edited by Blossom74; 08-06-2016 at 12:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the youngest of 3. Was a surprise package and my siblings were 7 and 5 years older than me. I loved my spot in the family. I vaguely remember saying that I wanted a sibling when I was little but it didn't last and hasn't been something that's bothered me down the track. Neither of my siblings have issues with there being 3 of us either.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am the third and the baby of my family. My brother 7 years older and my sister 3 yrs older. I don't feel like I missed anything. I think every family dynamic will eventually work out, even with some hiccups along the way. marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also one of 3, with brothers either side. Growing up I never felt like there should be a 4th sibling. I'd play with my brothers when we were young. In my teens I spent more time with my parents. My brothers were not close when they were young, but are closer now. I'm closer to my parents than they are.

I'm about to have #4. My children pair up sometimes now, depending on what they're doing. They're 10,8 and 6. The older two might play board games. The younger two might play dolls/families etc. #4 was never about kids pairing up. I always just wanted a big family and that was DH and my compromise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm the youngest of 3 and never gave the idea of another sibling any thought at all. there was just the fact that I had 2 brothers, no questions asked. as pp said, every family has its own dynamic, there's no magic number of siblings that will make your kids happy (or not happy).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We have 4 kids. My middle 2 are joined at the hip because they are very similar and close in age. My oldest does her own thing. My youngest is nearly 3 but is only now starting to play in a way the other 2 can tolerate.

I'm grateful for 4 in many ways as my 2nd would have been a difficult middle child. She is naturally the peace maker but at times resents that she feels she gives in to both her older and younger siblings. Is she'd been the middle child I think she would use that against us when she's older (in the sense that being the peacemaker was imposed on her and not her choice).

Our 4th was a surprise. I would never have had a 4th to have an even number of children. Personalities in families are so outside of our control its really hard to predict how it would turn out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Just to add I was the youngest of 4 which is why I like having 4. Worked for us growing up and I'm comfortable with that many

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Question for those who are one of 3 siblings..

I'm in the middle with an older and younger brother (1 year older, 1 year younger)
    I'm glad there wasn't 4 it was already a struggle- financially and also mum did not cope well with 3 - especially under 3 and impacted on our relationships with her. She was always stressed and cranky.
    I always felt 3 was too much!

My only regret/sadness is that I don't have a sister. Is that maybe what you're pining for?
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 08-06-2016 at 12:25.