+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Grrrrr ex new gf harnessing me on FB

So my ex (kids father) has not seen his kids in over a year. He's in and out of their lives since I dumped his sorry a$$ 6 years ago. He's had several gf's since then (and during our r'ship!)..
    Well he has a new one. She keeps messaging me on FB under fake accounts (I keep blocking her). She keels saying how I used ex for money (really?! He was controlling with money and only thought about himself!) and that I'm the one stopping him seeing his kids.. Yeah... Except that I have txt messages proving otherwise!
    I've recently (a few weeks ago) txt ex to see if he wants to see his kids. His (our) daughter also txt him. No reply. And yes, his phone does work because when I rang (on private number) he answered!

Sorry to rant but omg I wish they would both get lost!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure why she's contacting you, what would she be getting out of it? He's obviously feeding her bs to make himself look better. I would keep a record of what she says, just once say something like "do not contact me again, you do not know what you are talking about and I will not engage with you. If ex wants to arrange to see the children, he has my details" and just ignore anything else she sends you. She's trying to get to you, don't let her. Good luck X

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (08-06-2016),Mod-Myztik  (08-06-2016),mrswhitehouse  (08-06-2016),SuperGranny  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You could always change your settings so people can't actually send you messages?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do I do that? All I see is to change it so only friends of friends can contant me but she has no mutual friends :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've just had a look around Facebook and now I can't find anything maybe do some googling and u might find how to do it? Sorry! Not much help. The way I did ages ago doesn't seem to be an option. Is it actually messages coming to your inbox or are they message requests?

Thanks
    Reviews
    They're message requests.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly I would just ignore her. I have my ex's new girlfriend putting stuff on her Facebook saying I stole his kids and he shouldn't have to pay thousands to see them. All her friends comment.
    It's funny though cause all I think is please he disappeared out of her life for 4 years (only lived 2 suburbs away) like we would see him driving . And I would live to know where the thousands of dollars are cause j get $40 a month child support.
    But then I think about it - of course he is going to say that it's my fault he doesn't see her, that I make him pay to see her, that I'm the bad one. He isn't going to tell the truth to someone he is trying to look good for.
    However if her contacting you is really bothering you, and you know it is her I would ask directly for her to stop all communication with you , something like this -
    Hi (name), please stop all communication with me via Facebook, if the children's father would like to communicate with me regarding contacting them he knows my contact details. I have kept all of your attempts of contact and if this behavior continues I will be contacting the police regarding it. Kind regards (your name)

After that if it does continue and you are certain it's her contact the police, do not play games with her

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 2 girls 1 boy For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the only settings you can have now. I could be wrong though.

Honestly it is probably easiest to just delete the messages as soon as u get them or change your name on Facebook so she doesn't know what to search when she tries or like pp said speak to her directly. It's pretty childish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou.. I have threatend the cops. Maybe next time I'll actually talk to them.

I send messages like "lol. Your ignorance is laughable." And tell her it's none of her business.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Considering you've responded to her, I would leave it at that now.

She's pressing your buttons for a reaction - ignore her and she'll give up.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (08-06-2016)