Which hospital to choose? | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which hospital to choose?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but I am wondering if anyone has any feedback on Hawkesbury Hospital vs. Nepean Private? I've been recommended to go to Hawkesbury as a private patient or Nepean Private. I have the option of Norwest as well, but I think that's a bit far from our place. After reading feedback from other forums, I'm leaning towards Hawkesbury, which is only 10 minutes' drive from us, but I'd like some more recent feedback. I'm only 5.5 weeks at the moment and am going into Hawkesbury's imaging clinic for my first scan next week, so I'd like to make a decision by then, so our doc can refer me.

Appreciate any help, ladies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm currently going through the midwife section at Hawkesbury, and so far so good! I haven't been there before being new to the area but heard good things. I'd only been been to norwest private previously for other ops and friends have been there for bubs and only had positive things to say. Hawkesbury is nice and close so definitely look there first I'd say x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laurakate6 View Post
    I'm currently going through the midwife section at Hawkesbury, and so far so good! I haven't been there before being new to the area but heard good things. I'd only been been to norwest private previously for other ops and friends have been there for bubs and only had positive things to say. Hawkesbury is nice and close so definitely look there first I'd say x
    Thanks laurakate6! It's good to get someone else's perspective. I am booked to see an obs and she would book me into Hawkesbury to deliver but since found out that the obs aren't actually associated with the hospital and no guarantee that the same obs will be on call and baby is delivered by midwives anyway regardless of whether you are private or public patient, so I'm considering going through the midwives clinic instead

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done some more digging and apparently there are no "affiliated" OBs at Hawkesbury, just visiting OBs. So that means a series of out of pocket costs as a private patient. I've heard mostly good things about the midwives clinic here and from other sources, and am starting to consider public. Because of the arrangement between the OBs and Hawkesbury, there is no guarantee the OB you are seeing for antenatal care will even be present at the delivery, which I thought was one of the main reasons for going as a private patient anyway? The more I read the more confused I get and don't know what to decide! Not to mention they tell you that you basically have to book into the midwives clinic the second you know you're pregnant to get a place, it makes you all stressed and have to rush the decision so you don't miss out ...

Anyone had similar concerns?

Thanks
    Reviews
    What did you end up deciding?