+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default C-Sec Compression Underwear

Hi ladies,
    I'm scheduled for c-sec on 10/7 and have found online c-sec compression underwear. Just querying if anyone has used after a c-sec and what are your thoughts on them.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Following out of interest

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the SRC recovery shorts and they were fantastic!! So much support and I could def feel the difference the days I didn't wear them and was much sorer.

Pricey brand new, but I picked up a second hand pair from eBay and then onsold them for close to the same price once I was done with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I kept meaning to get some src shorts but by the time I got round to it, it was too long after being post op so I figured no point.

I kept struggling with what size to get too...everything down there was so sore for a while, anything too tight would've just made it hurt more I reckon.

I also had a summer bub and the idea of sweating it out in those recovery shirts didn't appeal. I wanted to keep everything dry and sweat free as moisture can breed bacteria and cause infection.

I basically just wore high waisted granny knickers (in plain black lol) and high waisted leggings. all of this sat over the cut so nothing pressed directly onto it but I found that supportive enough in the first few weeks. once the pain wore off a bit, I found some slightly tighter leggings (also over the waist) that were even more supportive.

3 months post op and my tummy is basically back to normal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @felicia81

Thanks for you input. I know quite a few that have had c-sec but none of them used the briefs or the shorts. Anything for a better recovery and comfort I say

Thanks
    Reviews
    @turquoisecoast. I have a supply of granny knickers aswell all in black so I'm set you that to. Sizing is only thing I'm trying to sort. I'm still a 10 in the butt and I'm carrying all baby at the front like I did with my son 9 yrs ago. Also have the high waisted leggings plus the bonds trackies aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a c-sec recovery belly band, it's a support belt rather than shorts. Who knows if it helped any, I had a really straight forward & quick recovery. I did like the feeling of being 'held together' though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the SRC shorts and also bought some shaping Spanx-type high waisted undies from Target. I found sizing a little tricky, contorting yourself to get them on was slightly difficult (and even potentially painful for the first few days) but once I had them on I felt better and more supported. I didn't wear them constantly for 6 weeks though, kind of just for the first few weeks. I still have some DR but don't have the 'apron' that can result from CS sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you ladies definately a few things for me to look it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the tuby grip you can get from a physio. It was all too hard to pull the shorts up and down every 5 minutes when I needed to pee...