+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with other comments, 12 weeks is considered 'safe' but really something can go wrong at any time so you won't be jinxing it buying stuff. We lost our daughter at 22 weeks in December and had laybyed all her furniture. I had to go back into the store and cancel it and we still have a big tub of stuff that was for her.
    It's sad to have to do these things but this doesn't happen to everyone and you should celebrate you baby and be excited so why not ❤️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm one that does wait but have had friends off shopping for things from the moment they find out! I've lost 2 babies though after 10wks despite things looking ok so I'm very hesitant

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would start shopping for maternity clothes (one or two sizes up) if you see specials on.
    I'd hold off on baby clothes, there's no knowing what size bub will be so I'd only get the basics onesies on a could of newborn sizes in the last couple of weeks of pregnancy.
    Do start doing your research, look online for reviews and prices on big ticket items like prams car seats cot and so on.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought some stuff before I was pregnant, as I bought a lot of secondhand stuff and got it when I could. Things like cot and change table, and some secondhand clothes. For stuff that's new your warranty would start from date of purchase, so that could be affected. Also, car seats, since the new guidelines a lot of new seats have been released in the last 12 months, and likely more will be, and prices of the new models will likely drop, so waiting could be advantageous

Thanks
    Reviews
    I starting buying a few small things clothes toys blankets very early. We then purchased some of our big stuff, car seat, pram, rocker at the Boxing Day sales so 18 weeks.

We lost our bub at 24 weeks. All of the 'personal' stuff like clothes toys etc are boxed up. In my eyes they are my sons. I bought them specifically for him and could never reuse them.

I have no issue using the other big items because I know we picked those because they were safest easiest or whatever other reason.

Buying stuff now won't jinx you, it's hard not to buy. Just keep in mind if anything goes wrong you may not want to use things. Having said that there is every chance you will have a happy healthy bub in 30 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never bought a lot early with first Bub. Bought some basics and that was it. Cot I got at 20wks. Car seat and pusher I didn't get until 2 weeks before as like @kzm stated your warranty begins as soon as you walk out the door with the goods it doesn't matter when you start using the items. Plus if this is your first, baby shower time you'll be given so many things aswell

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to start shopping, I did, wanted to buy Bub s/th for xmas, but couldn't find gender neutral ( was 11w) ended up getting lots of clothes I liked a week later when got nipt results. Got a cot and table etc at about 15 w since on special.... No point worrying about what if, enjoy it there's little time to enjoy looking after born! Glad I got plenty b4. With a healthy scan at 10w the chances of loss are v low. Most losses have happened b4 dating scan at 7ish wks people just don't know yet until that scan.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can never hurt to do some online window shopping first!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I say shop!! Well maybe not the big ticket items just yet but clothes, wraps or anything that really screams out to you. Pregnancy is a special time and something to feel blessed about. Yes, Not all pregnancies end well , but majority do. Anything can happen at any stage so be positive and enjoy, if that includes shopping, well then go for it!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I bought ds a little bonds zippy suit at around 10w. my theory was I had to have the specific print and it might be gone by the time he's born/it was "safe" to buy stuff. I don't think I bought much else until later on. I don't see any problem with buying a few little bits and pieces early on. I'd probably hold off on the bigger stuff as its harder to hide and you might have some explaining to do if people see it!