+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Centrelink pay you back automatically once you put your tax return it. Only if they have not overpaid you and you are eligible for family tax benefit. Otherwise you get nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Xmas presents
    A small family holiday
    New bras for me
    Any bits and pieces the kids need but they're both pretty set i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    the main thing is Rego on the Car. we on purposely moved our rego away from december to july so we can use our supps for it. DW needs a new phone which we have been saving for but the supps will give us the extra boost.

i also need textbooks for uni (being an IT student the textbooks are real expensive) and a new desktop PC as my old one is almost falling apart.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry for the really daft question but this is my first year being a mum and I'm receiving PPL. How will I know if I'm getting a FTB payment? Everyone is talking about it at the moment and I haven't got a clue what it really even is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    School fees. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Term deposits are sitting at 2% at best. It's really not worth investing in a term deposit imo!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default FTB Supps where is yours going too/on this year ?

We've just spent a bomb on car rego etc so replenishing savings, and anything else (I overestimated our income so I'm hoping to get a fair bit back there) on my next ultrasound and our calmbirthing classes.
    Last edited by rainbow road; 05-07-2016 at 07:26.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default FTB Supps where is yours going too/on this year ?

Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Sorry for the really daft question but this is my first year being a mum and I'm receiving PPL. How will I know if I'm getting a FTB payment? Everyone is talking about it at the moment and I haven't got a clue what it really even is.
    Fill out a lump sum claim online at centrelink for FTB/family assistance and if you are entitled to anything you will receive something.

I didn't know this, I assumed if I was entitled to anything after submitting my tax return they would just give it to me..... I missed out on a few k in the first year of dd1s life as I never asked centrelink or filled out a claim. I only discovered all this thanks to bubhub, when I learnt about FTB and claimed at the next financial year and got several thousand dollars 😳. It was too late to claim for previous years.
    You can also apply to get fortnightly payments instead but I prefer a big wad of cash!

Eta: you are not entitled to receive FTB whilst receiving ppl but you may be entitled to something if you were on paid/unpaid mat leave from work. And when your ppl rubs out if you are under the threshold you will receive FTB. I think it's around $120k?
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 05-07-2016 at 07:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    Fill out a lump sum claim online at centrelink for FTB/family assistance and if you are entitled to anything you will receive something.

I didn't know this, I assumed if I was entitled to anything after submitting my tax return they would just give it to me..... I missed out on a few k in the first year of dd1s life as I never asked centrelink or filled out a claim. I only discovered all this thanks to bubhub, when I learnt about FTB and claimed at the next financial year and got several thousand dollars . It was too late to claim for previous years.
    You can also apply to get fortnightly payments instead but I prefer a big wad of cash!

Eta: you are not entitled to receive FTB whilst receiving ppl but you may be entitled to something if you were on paid/unpaid mat leave from work. And when your ppl rubs out if you are under the threshold you will receive FTB. I think it's around $120k?
    Thank you so much. I do receive like $60 a fortnight with my PPL is that FTB do you think? Centrelink is so confusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can't get part b whilst on ppl but you get part A. Threshold depends on how many children you have but part b cuts out when the main income earner earns over $100,000.

You can't put a lump sum claim in for 14/15 year anymore as its too late but you can for 15/16 year.

Supps are $726.35 per child for part a (as long as up to date with immunisations) and part b is $354.05 per family. There is also single income family supplement if main income earner earns between $68-150,000 and secondary income earner earns no more than $18,000.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by ProudMumma34; 05-07-2016 at 11:00.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

A&S  (05-07-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (05-07-2016)