+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I didn't say it was illegal just a bit silly as the pound is for lost /stray dogs and you know where the dog lives , plus its a waste of time and potentially dangerous putting a stray dog in your car - much easier to call the council as they will come to the house to investigate it , which saves you the time and effort and will eventually help solve the problem instead of just making more work for yourself

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Clementine Grace  (07-06-2016),ilex  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have you got some rope ? I would tie some around the dogs collar and take it into their yard and tie it up . With water of course. I would put a note in her letter box saying that you have been very good about this , that she is the one putting you all and the poor pooch in this situation and that you have had enough . That your child has a right to use the yard without being scared or covered in dog ****e and that she absolutely must fix this escaping dog once and for all . That you want to be a good neighbour and all get along but she needs to take this seriously and address the issue . That you cannot and won't have this dog in your yard that you pay for and that she will force you to call the landlord,something you don't want to do . And that all this bad feeling will be caused by her not being a responsible owner . And as a responsible parent you must protect your child before her feelings .

She sounds nice but someone who is not doing the right thing . I would be so annoyed and I'm dog owner . My dog is an inside dog who follows me everywhere . Maybe she has a bored escape artist but even so , you have a kid who is scared and she needs to step up .
    Good luck 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just had the biggest laugh at their latest attempt to block it up. My 5 yr old could do better.

Rental agent said it's their responsibility, because it's their dog and they won't approach the owners about it re. Maintenance. They were going to slap a breach on them. We said no let us talk to them again, which we did. That was Monday and they said they'd buy stuff to block it up. Still not done yet but I haven't seen it for a couple of days, doesn't mean it's not been there though but she may be keeping it inside. If I see it in my yard one more time, urinating, I'm going to tell her that's it, keep it inside and if I see it any more I'll call the agent again about the breach. Beyond a joke. No patience left.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Neighbour's dog in our garden

Is that just a pile of rocks?

ETA: that wouldn't even stop my lame senior dog - she would sniff the pike then slide right past!

It would be super easy for them just to buy some lattice/mesh/old playpen sides and wire it on.

I hope they sort it soon!
    Last edited by wobbleyhorse; 17-06-2016 at 13:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it is. And her husband is a builder for goodness sake! he must have something spare to use! I seriously would do it myself if I had any spare money or time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Yes it is. And her husband is a builder for goodness sake! he must have something spare to use! I seriously would do it myself if I had any spare money or time.
    He's a builder! And that's all they could muster up. Far out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that was her attempt. He was there on Monday when we spoke to them about what the agent said and today it's still like that. Crazy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Did you say she's got pokes of pavers there? If so, ask if you can have some and block it from your side.

They're clearly not taking it seriously

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you just need to report it to council, they tend to take this sort of thing seriously particularly when kids are exposed to dogs that aren't contained. You've made plenty of effort to resolve this but your neighbour just doesn't seem to care quite frankly.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (17-06-2016),LaDiDah  (17-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yep, agree with PP. That is not just an incompetent attempt to block the hole, that is a really lazy token effort by someone who doesn't give a toss. Definitely call council, your neighbors are the ones that have ruined neighborly relations here, not you.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meg2 For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (17-06-2016),MsViking  (17-06-2016)