+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Neighbour's dog in our garden

Our neighbour's dog is constantly in our back garden. There is a gap between the bottom of the fence and the ground and it keeps coming in, and running around then going under our gate into the street. I've spoken to them about it three times at least and they are very nice and say they'll block up the hole asap but never do!! We both have the same rental agent. My 2 yr old is scared of it. It's only little but I don't want it pooping in my yard!!!

WWYD? Talk to them YET AGAIN or call the rental agent and ask for action? I haven't got any materials to block the hole up with from our side. It would involve spending money to do so and I don't feel it's our responsibility. I think they just can't be bothered because they are building and won't be living there for that long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can't you block the hole up from your side?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe talk to them (again) and say if it's not fixed by the end of the day then you will be contacting the real estate agent. That's really dodgy pet ownership. My dogs got out once and I was on it straight away. No way is it acceptable not to do something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelicHobgoblin View Post
    Can't you block the hole up from your side?
    I said in my post that would involve be buying materials to do so as it's quite large, money is tight, and I don't feel it's our responsibility

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Maybe talk to them (again) and say if it's not fixed by the end of the day then you will be contacting the real estate agent. That's really dodgy pet ownership. My dogs got out once and I was on it straight away. No way is it acceptable not to do something.
    Yeah maybe I'll say that. Might make them take action. I'm actually worried about the dog getting run over too! They don't seem to care that I saw it over the other side of the road a few times

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Yeah maybe I'll say that. Might make them take action. I'm actually worried about the dog getting run over too! They don't seem to care that I saw it over the other side of the road a few times
    At least it might kick them into gear. I'd give a time frame and if they don't do anything if call. It's unfair on you and your family!
    Oh I'd be the same!! I don't get it, if my dogs got out and were running on the road id freak out. My 2 went to the local cafe, a few streets away. I was petrified!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would contact your real estate agent to see if they are willing to assist.

I don't think it's fair of the landlord of the other house to allow a pet owning tenant without offering a fully secure yard. I also think it's poor form of your neighbour to be so casual about it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Honest question - what is the agent going to do? Unless they both of the same agent I'm not sure they can do anything.

Personally, I'd give them one more chance after speaking with them, and say next time the dog is in your yard you're calling the council animal control.

The dog may be small, but you have a child. It's not safe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Honest question - what is the agent going to do? Unless they both of the same agent I'm not sure they can do anything.
    OP mentioned both of them rent through the same agent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes we both have the same agent as mentioned, but actually they are less than useless. Probably wouldn't do anything anyway going from many other experiences!
    DH actually said I should call the pound next time I saw the dog, but I'm a bit nervous about doing that. They'd have to pay a release fee and get cranky.
    I just went round and spoke to the neighbours again. My back was up, I was cold and tired and grumpy. Lol. She was very nice again, said she has blocked it up and dog has some collar that sprayed it with something. Not sure how that works. But I said obviously it's not worked because your dog is in my garden right now. She said she'd look at the hole again. I kind of chickened out of saying anything re. the real estate agent because it seems she's making attempts. So I just said I can't have this anymore and she apologised. Will see how we go!