+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Impossible Ex

This is my first time posting. I am in desperate need of advice. My ex and I never lived together before our now 1.5 year old son was born (it was just one of those things) when I fell pregnant we thought we had better give it a real go and he began staying with me at my house, it became apparent very quickly that it would not work. He would stand outside my bathroom while I showered, I found him taking my underwear out of my washing, and standing over my bed at night when he thought I was sleeping. He moved to his own place after only 4 weeks living together because I couldn't stand him being in my house ( he wasn't like this when we were dating) I invited him to the birth of our son, but after the birth things got worse. He broke into my home when I was away over night, vandalised my car etc. one day when he was visiting he said that he could take our son any time he wanted and wouldn't have to bring him back. I no longer allowed him to enter my home, instead I went to his with out baby, where I found gun magazine (has never had an interest in guns) and he told me I'm all alone on his turf. I then refused to go to his house so we began conducting visits in public places ( this was recommended by the police) such as our local library, playgroup etc where he naturally was nice as pie. We have been through mediation to no avail, and now our solicitors communicate on our behalf to try and arrange consent orders. My problem is this, our son has anaphylaxis and he knows nothing about our son, his needs or care, routines, eating or sleeping and especially his needs in regard to anaphylaxis.anytime I try to discuss these things with he he either stares at me without responding or just says "I know what I need to". Because of this and his threats to take our son away I have refused unsupervised access without consent orders. And as a condition of the consent orders he must get to know our son and the care that he requires. I make sure our son visits with his father 2-3 times every week and still we make no progress because my ex will not even speak to me face to face and constantly emails me making demand for unsupervised time, accuses that I am withholding access and that I am denying my sons rights to be with his father. I want my son to have a relationship with him but I also want to protect my son from emotional and mental harm and need to know my son is well cared for (in regard to his medical needs) if I am not present. I am at my wits end as my ex just seems to want to "beat" me and "win" at all costs and I don't know what to do anymore. Any advice on how to handle this situation and cope with it is greatly appreciated. Sorry for the long post but I felt that some background info was necessary.TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No advice but bumping for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honey, you need to go speak to a social worker. That man shouldn't be allowed to have your son unsupervised while he is taking part in such pastimes as gun magazines!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you. What could a social worker do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think they could give you better advice than anyone on here. There are some serious issues going on and there's a child involved. I've had similar stuff such as threats to my kids - it's really stressful. You need to speak to someone who knows about laws and your entitlements.