+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Night sickness causing weight gain - any advice?

Hi everyone,

Long time stalker, first time poster. I'm 11 weeks with my second and since 7 weeks have been experiencing night sickness. No vomiting (although I'd be happier if I did as just feeling on the verge is terrible) and the only thing that settles it is something heavy or dense. So considering this happens around 9.30-10pm and eating a meal to stop it, it's no surprise I've gained a gut.

My first was a girl and I had two incidences of sickness then smooth sailing but ate like it didn't matter. Lesson learnt. I'm trying to be good with this one, but these late meals are killing me! I have tried smaller more often and less heavier meals and healthier but to no avail. I wake up bloated (I could pass for 5 months if I let it all hang out due the fact that my poor body hasn't had a chance to digest) and starving in the morning.

So, has anyone else had this? Did you continue to gain or did it plateau? I'm terrified I'll balloon considering Inhavent dropped all my previous weight. I know it sounds vain. I want bubs to be happy and healthy, but I Also don't want a spare tyre because McDonalds had a drive through and it helped me sleep because I didn't feel sick, sigh.

Would live to to hear anyone else who has gone through this and the end result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I seem to suffer night sickness but the thought of dense food scares me! 😂 In your case I would prob eat something less "carby" and stick to more protein and healthy fat options - eg nuts, avocado, seeds, chicken etc. You don't need to eat much to stay fuller for longer. This is what I tend to do when I'm not suffering horrid nausea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I feel your pain.
    I gained 30kilos on each of my three pregnancies.
    I'm certain the early weeks of pregnancy and that on the verge of puking feeling is The chase of the bad eating cycle. All my good habits went out the window.
    I couldn't stand the sight of green veg/salads, especially when feeling queasy, I only wanted to eat toast which is catastrophic to someone who doesn't eat wheat products a lot of the time. Then came the indigestion!
    Ah, just horrible.
    Maybe ask your doctor is there's some help? I should have but between that and the exhaustion and food comas as a result of overeating, I wasn't thinking clearly and mostly just wanted to sleep in those early weeks.
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I hear you!! I was the same during first pregnancy. I tired to buttered croissants. They really did it for me. But I gained weight. I lost it afterwards. While you are sick just do what you have to. Don't worry about the weight gain. Once the sickness eases go to eating really healthy and you will be fine. But right now just eat it I say

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoniaParks View Post
    Night sickness can be the cause of weight gain. So, you need to take proper rest. In order to get proper sleep, you can use pregnancy pillow that will provide you comfort.
    Do you sell these pillows? Just have seen you mention it a couple of times. Or are they that great? To me a pillow is a pillow not sure how that will help