+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Pain after egg pick up.. What's normal?

Hi ladies
    I had epu on Friday and I'm still in a lot of pain. Feels like a stitch/bad period cramps. Worse towards the end of the day.
    Is this right? Walking is also not perfectly normal because of the pain when I move..
    How long does it take to get back to normal? I had 12 eggs collected but all up about 25 smaller follicles in there.. Would this pain be from ovulating the small ones still now?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I had epu I had severe pain (as in every movement hurt and I was incredibly uncomfortable) for over a week after due to OHSS so I think that mild pain a couple of days after is normal. As long as you're not massively bloated i would think its ok but maybe just phone your clinic in the morning for peace of mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! Yes I'm so bloated too. My tummy is so hard from bloat. I will call in morning too but I don't think they open tomorrow..
    I'm meant to do a fresh transfer Wednesday but I'm worried with the pain it's not a good idea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had a lot of pain, mostly immediately after EPU but it still hurt for 2-3 days afterwards. I had to have morphine after my first collection, I couldn't move without intense sharp pain. For my other collections the anaesthetist gave me more intravenous pain relief during the procedure so it wasn't as bad.
    Apparently I have very sensitive ovaries!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't mean to alarm but sounds like ohss. This is what I had after epu. I was advised to go to emergency after speaking to a nurse. I ended up staying in hospital for over a week trying to get back to normal. If bloating and pain are increasing and weight too (this can happen incredibly fast) get yourself checked. Best of luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had pain after pick up, but only once was OHSS. Takes me about 4 days to recover. But the OHSS time it took a couple of weeks but I had gotten pregnant which makes it worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. I did weight myself yesterday and no weight gain yet. Been up a few times in the night going to wee. Which isn't normal for me but if I don't then the pain is worse with a full bladder!
    Will try get through to the clinic today and see what they say. But is a public holiday in wa so I don't think they be there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If ur urine output is ok then u don't need to go to hosp, I had pain after my epu less when stay still!

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are you getting along op?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies. I had my egg transfer and the day after I was in worse pain than before. I couldn't deep breath.. I was so bloated it was painful. I called the clinic who said keep drinking lots and eat protein.. Luckily after a nights sleep that bad pain went away and I'm not too bad now at all. I'm 3dp5dt and I think it kicks in again if you are pregnant? The hcg?
    So waiting to see if it happens again..

I think it was the 6 clicks of ovidrel I had the morning of transfer that made the next day horrible!