+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for your support ❤️ I forgot to mention tho, I am anti-chemicals!! I have the lice blaster comb. I will try the tea tree spray. I need something super fast in my busy day to keep them at bay, even if it's not guaranteed to kill them all, as I fear even the best nit comb won't do...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MilkyMama For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The lice breaker comb and the cheapest possible conditioner & some water in a spray bottle is the way I do it, boiling hot water after every swipe, a wiggle in the boiling hot water jug and a wipe on paper towel before next comb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dog flea products! My parents were vets and used to shampoo us in flea shampoo, I've heard from friends these days the top spots are awesome, few drops of frontline or advantage on the head every few weeks and your protected and nits sorted! Will be doing with my ds if he gets them, not in childcare so haven't had the issue myself....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisau77 View Post
    Dog flea products! My parents were vets and used to shampoo us in flea shampoo, I've heard from friends these days the top spots are awesome, few drops of frontline or advantage on the head every few weeks and your protected and nits sorted! Will be doing with my ds if he gets them, not in childcare so haven't had the issue myself....
    You are joking, right?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

gingermillie  (06-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (06-06-2016),just her chameleon  (06-06-2016),smallpotatoes  (06-06-2016),~Marigold~  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atomicmama View Post
    You are joking, right?
    I doubt they are tbh! I have heard people at school talk about using kero or frontline for nits. I couldn't believe my ears

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't use systemic animal insecticides on your child! They are not designed for human application, potentially toxic and unsafe 😁

9. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (06-06-2016)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    please do not use animal flea treatments on your child !!!

as far as what to do - I have tried a lot of products.

KP24 is good and is my preferred treatment as it doesnt smell too bad and is easy enough. I do a treatment with that, and then use conditioner and comb every 2nd day for about 2 weeks.

Essentially it doesnt get all the eggs (I have not found a treatment that does) - but the combing gets the baby nits outs before they can lay eggs.

my daughters hair is a mid-brown so the eggs/nits are incredibly hard to see. Conditioner doesnt kill the nits or release the eggs ... just makes it so that the nits cant run away from the comb. They stick to it so that when you comb, they come out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MilkyMama View Post
    Thanks everyone for your support ❤️ I forgot to mention tho, I am anti-chemicals!! I have the lice blaster comb. I will try the tea tree spray. I need something super fast in my busy day to keep them at bay, even if it's not guaranteed to kill them all, as I fear even the best nit comb won't do...
    Sorry to be a bit blunt, but... If you are anti chemical, then you will HAVE to just find the time to comb your child's hair properly with the nit comb. No excuses.

Removing every nit and every egg.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (06-06-2016),Chippa  (06-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (06-06-2016),Green Cheese  (06-06-2016),PomPoms  (06-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sure you can't be serious.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is dangerous. It's an insecticide for animals. Don't do it!
    Last edited by Bond Girl; 06-06-2016 at 12:16.