+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Just not hungry :-(

Should I be worried?
    I'm 19 + 3 and it's been going on for a few weeks some days I could eat everything and 24/7 and other days i struggle to have 1 meal with out wanting to pewk (not from being pregnant haven't had morning sickness) but from feeling full before I get half way into it. Eg mid morning I had bacon and scrambled eats I ate 1 piece of bacon and maybe the equivalent to 1 egg.... Haven't eatten since. I've had 2 water bottles a juice and 2 coffees today but now it's dinner time and I honest just can't be bothered. Anyone else?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was exactly the same during my pregnancy. Didn't vomit once but just didn't feel hungry. I lost 18kg in 23 weeks my ob wasn't worried as I am overweight.

My husband insisted I ate a small breakfast and dinner but often I wouldn't have anything else.

Talk to you care providers but as long as bub is growing and you feel ok I doubt they would be worried.

FYI: My weight loss had no impact on my pregnancy and wasn't in anyway related to the issues I had.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was the same. I lost weight both pregnancies (and started out overweight). Keep drinking as much water as you can and try for smaller snacks during the day if it's all you can stomach.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 18 weeks and going through the same thing. Just not feeling very hungry or when I look at food I just think it looks yuck. I am a huge eater normally, so it's really weird for me and having lost a son to intrauterine growth restriction before I really don't want to be not eating enough (not that I think that really affects it, it just doesn't feel right to jot be eating much when I'm trying to grow a baby!) I'm thin so don't want to loose any weight at all. I've been the same weight for the last 6 weeks or so though so at least I haven't lost any yet! I've only had this not feeling hungry or getting full feeling since about 14-15wks.

I've even been drinking up n go's occasionally just so I know I've got something extra in my tummy. I'm still eating 3 meals a day, sometimes miss dinner but not often. But I used to eat 3 large meals and then snacks and treats in between!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the same sometimes in the evenings, I get a few mouthfuls into my dinner and am put off and I don't feel like any more then I'm starving just before bed time. I eat constantly throughout the day but also can't handle anything rich for breakfast.

Remember it might be cravings/aversions putting your off a specific meal. Maybe try keep it simple. I can't stomach eggs and bacon before 9:30/10 when I'm not pregnant so I don't even bother trying to eat that before 10/11 now. Just a piece of wholegrain toast with vegemite and cheese does the job for me before 9am, then when I'm at work I slowly sip on a smoothie. With all the extra healthy snacking I'm doing during the day, I'm not surprised I'm not ravenous by meal times.

I don't think you should worry too much unless you feel concerned you're losing too much weight then chat with your doctor to see if there's anything else going on. But I think your body will tell you what it needs. Keep meals small and snack on health things regularly. Be careful of too much juice and coffee, that can also mask your hunger but not very nutritional.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks lady's :-)
    I was so hungry last time that this is very new to me 😂