+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default pos ovulation tests, late period & preg symptoms all in one !!! :/

Can anyone help me to understand this please ?
    this month I was 3 days late for me period until I got it Friday night just gone.. That
    night I also took an ovulation test that came up positive. I've just taken another
    today.. Also positive. Before Friday, I was getting cravings, headaches, mood swings,
    frequently weeing etc. classic signs of pregnancy (I thought anyway)
    has anyone else heard or had this happen to them before? (Pos. ovulation tests while on your
    period) and what was the outcome? Could I be preg?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Take a pregnancy test. I have got positives on my period before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes ovulation tests can show up positive if you're pregnant.

Get a pregnancy test to confirm

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got a positive ovulation 9dpo but not positive pregnancy test till the next day 10dpo i didnt get my period but its definitely possible to get a period and be pregnant so do a test for sure :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone I will def buy a test tomorrow, last week as I thought I was pregnant I took 4 tests (2 first response & 2 clearblue digital) the clear Blues were negative but my partner & I both saw very VERY (squinty) faint lines on the first response tests.. I'm just confused as to why I have my period now :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default pos ovulation tests, late period & preg symptoms all in one !!! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ashb View Post
    Thanks everyone I will def buy a test tomorrow, last week as I thought I was pregnant I took 4 tests (2 first response & 2 clearblue digital) the clear Blues were negative but my partner & I both saw very VERY (squinty) faint lines on the first response tests.. I'm just confused as to why I have my period now :/
    I've had squinty squinty lines on FRERs when I wasn't pregnant, so unless it's obvious pink, I'd disregard it.

Is your period normal?

I found when I was ttc DD, I had pregnancy 'symptoms', except for the month I was actually pregnant, where I had no symptoms at all.

This time around, every month i had cramps, pinching on one side of my belly, fuller boobs, whether I was pregnant or not. The month I was pregnant I also had metallic taste briefly and post nasal drip

I think the higher progesterone in tww can cause symptoms which are similar to pregnancy symptoms, whether you are pregnant or not
    Last edited by Lil Smurfy; 05-06-2016 at 21:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can anyone help me to understand this please ?
    this month I was 3 days late for me period until I got it Friday night just gone.. That
    night I also took an ovulation test that came up positive. I've just taken another
    today.. Also positive. Before Friday, I was getting cravings, headaches, mood swings,
    frequently weeing etc. classic signs of pregnancy (I thought anyway)
    has anyone else heard or had this happen to them before? (Pos. ovulation tests while on your
    period) and what was the outcome? Could I be preg?

Which line is the test line? For a positive opk, the test line has to be as dark as, or darker than the control line. So if the lighter line is the test line, that opk isn't positive

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    Which line is the test line? For a positive opk, the test line has to be as dark as, or darker than the control line. So if the lighter line is the test line, that opk isn't positive
    Yes I agree, it's only a positive OPK if the test line is equal to or darker than the control line. They don't work the same as HPT where any line as long as it has colour is positive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the control line is the darker line. I'd read on the internet that I wasn't supposed to see any line at all until fertile-ovulating period. It makes it hard when so many people have had such different experiences. seems odd I've had 2 very faint ppt, ovulation tests & also a period thrown into the mix (a late one at that)
    Last edited by Ashb; 05-06-2016 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, the test line is the darker line. I'd read on the internet that I wasn't supposed to see any line at all until fertile-ovulating period. It makes it hard when so many people have had such different experiences. seems odd I've had 2 very faint ppt, ovulation tests & also a period thrown into the mix (a late one at that)
    Very strange. Good luck for your test tomorrow