+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Advice for TTC after a MC

I was looking for some advice on TTC after a MC.

I had natural MC (I was 6 weeks exactly) and my doctor said it was fine to start TTC again (US showed no retained product and it was all clear and ready to go) when I was ready. I really just want to jump straight back into this so I was wondering with this cycle, what do I count as CD1? Is it the first day of red bleeding from the mc? Should i expect o to be roughly the same time as normal?

Some success stories would be brilliant as well, I really hope it doesn't take too long to fall pregnant again.

Thanks ladies....

Gold Coast, QLD
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry to hear of your miscarriage. If you start trying straight after a MC, you don't actually have a date to go from. DD2 was conceived after one. I used the MC as CD1 but when I went for a dating scan I was further along meaning I would have O within a week of the m/c. I would recommend a dating scan if you get pregnant straight away, that'll be the best way you give you a more accurate due date.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Disney  (20-06-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So sorry to hear about your miscarriage.

I had a missed miscarriage in feb and had a D&C. My ob said to wait until after AF arrived, which for my emotional health I think was a good idea. It gave me the first month to grieve for my baby without stressing out about ttc (although at the time I was quite impatient to be pregnant again).

I started ttc in early March and got my BFP in May (It took 3 cycles to fall pregnant, I always have short cycles but 1 was only 19 days). I'm now waiting for my first ultrasound next week, to make sure all is ok.

Good luck, I hope it happens quickly for you

Is your HCG back to 0?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lil Smurfy For This Useful Post:

Disney  (20-06-2016)