+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally, I wouldnt, but have lived 'remote' so it doesnt appeal as stongly to me especially if pregnant - but it would if Id never been! Awesome experience. The only thought I would have would be in regards to the possible exposure to infectious diseases that could impact your pregnancy, especially in a remote Indigenous community where there are *generally* lower rates of vax and close contact with others means higher chances of disease (chickenpox, german measles, rota & other virus'). If you have never been North or remote, the tropical climate can wreak havoc on your body - usually your bowels! (although you are coming in the dry season). Its a tough one. If the worst happened you would have access to the community clinic with facilities.

Would the opportuntiy present again some other time?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Hello! Please help me decide if I should travel to Arnhem Land when 6 weeks p...

Thanks
    Reviews

Default New information- i would miss my first scan

Thank you everyone for your words of support and advice!

I just found out that bub is growing well, my hormone levels are beyond what they would expect so good news. They want to book me in for a 6 1/2 week scan to see fetal heart rate and measurements and that falls a few days after I will have left for my trip!

The nurse said it is pretty important to get the scan at the correct time but said it might be ok to leave it until I get back, at 9 1/2 weeks along.

Do you think the initial scan can wait or is this a reason to cancel my trip?

Thanks ladies!! Baby is priority so I don't want to jeopardize anything.

Simone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In terms of the initial scan, I never had a routine early scan with either of my kids, although I had one at 7.5 weeks with my DD due to brown spotting. I honestly dont think the early scan is anything to miss the trip over unless you are unsure of your dates?