+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm currently eating Darrell Lea licorice but it's a bit too hard for my liking, but it's opened and I hate to be wasteful. The soft ones from Aldi & Coles are nice and the raspberry one is probably my favourite. I love chocolate but chocolate covered licorice doesn't really appeal to me. But I should try before I knock it I suppose

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Excuse my ignorance but do the fruit flavoured licorice have any aniseedy flavour at all?
    I love aniseed - black cats, black jellybeans, gimme!!
    I find the salted hard work though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    I'm obviously in the extreme minority, but I absolutely loathe liquorice of any kind. I think it's some of the foulest tasting stuff on the face of the earth.
    I love liquorice, but I hate anything else that's aniseed flavored.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Willy wonka red or Aldi black it's so good we just ate a whole bag

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    I love Darrel Lea liquorice, yum.

My cousins wife is Dutch and loves Dutch liquorice. I was so excited to try it. It. Was. Disgusting lol.
    I/my family is Dutch. I eat that stuff by the handful. It's an acquired taste I would say. I've eaten it as long as I can remember.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I/my family is Dutch. I eat that stuff by the handful. It's an acquired taste I would say. I've eaten it as long as I can remember.
    Is Dutch liquorice like scandinavian liquorice (salted)? I discovered this while over there and got addicted to it! Love salty liquorice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    Is Dutch liquorice like scandinavian liquorice (salted)? I discovered this while over there and got addicted to it! Love salty liquorice.
    They have quite a few. Some are salty. There's also double salt and triple salt which are very strong.
    They also have ones that are very sweet. One of my favourites is the honey flavoured one (shaped like a beehive).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Dutch Licorice, all of it, triple salted, salty, sweet, I but the big Kilo Euro bag of it and it's my guilty pleasure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Same. I have been eating it since I was a toddler and love it, yet whenever I would offer it to my friends (including sweet ones like the Beehives and Black Cats) they would gag and sit it out! Definitely an acquired taste it would seem.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I quite like liquorice and I like aniseed flavour, im not a fan of the fruit flavours, I just like the plain soft eating type, and also chocolate coated. yum... marie