+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Getting induced tomorrow!!!

So I'm getting induced tomorrow at 7am as they have recently discovered today that I have pre eclampsia. I'm 1-2cm dilated and I was wondering if when they put the small instrument in if it hurts or? (not as I'm not very good with pain). I'll also be getting put on an iv drip with the hormones that'll start contractions, I've heard that they can be unbearable so I'll more than likely be getting an epidural as it seems to be most effective. Has anyone ever been through this before, and if so how long did labour last? Did the water breakage hurt?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Have you seen the instrument before? It is like a crochet hook. I did not find that any internals hurt personally. But that's me.

Labour hurts. Do not think of the pain now. Just see how you go. Stay as calm and relaxed as you can. That can help with labour progression and even pain if you just stay calm.

Try and get sleep now. You'll do great.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Chlozzalove  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and it dies not hurt when the water breaks. You just feel like you wet yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and you cannot predict the length of labour. It is *usually* advised to be as active as you can during labour as gravity can help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was induced twice. Only once I had my waters broken by OB and I did not find it painful. I also had the drip and my active labor was 4hrs. As pp said, try to relax and just go with it because it will help reduce the pain. You know the epidural option is available so use it if you need and want to. You are meeting your baby tomorrow - how wonderful!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't find it painful. You can request time to go into labour without the drip. I was initially given 30 min and my midwife stretched it to 1.5 hours. I reckon I was close to contractions starting. Remember that they can start off on a tiny dose and increase or decrease as required. I didn't have any pain relief in my induced labour. It was no worse than my natural one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    3 times. Out of 6
    2 times were the great labours. I consider them to be my 2nd and 3rd easiest.
    I don't do epidurals they scare the sh1t out of me. So I just used gas or bit on something. I found having something to bite really help me.

No pain from the actual induction.
    Labour pain were manageable. No worse than with the others. If anything less painful. 2 of My induction labours were my 2nd and 3rd fastest.
    My 3rd wasn't great but that's because I have had 6 kids and I had a reaction to the cerivdil that can happen when you had a few kids before.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have had 2 now, with Dr had gel at midday Wednesday had no.cramping or contractions as a result, had waters broken 8am Thursday, Syntocin drip 9am, epidural by 1030 was 10cms at 3pm and has bub 707pm. This last.delivery I had half a dose of gel 8pm Tuesday night, I started with painful back contractions as soon as was home in bed 11pm. By 2am was so uncomfortable went up to hospital 730 Wednesday this week had waters broken was already 3cms, was in lots of pain by 9 for my epidural by 10 I think and midwife only just started Syntocin and did a check at 11.was already 9cms so progressed quick after waters were broken and I thought I was just doing a worse job coping with pain, was just faster then expected. 10cms by 12 bub born at 1250 a lot earlier then expected.

Breaking waters didn't hurt either time, just pressure and yes lots of warm liquid shooting out. If you want epidural make sure you mention with midwife early on so can see when available anaesthetist can do it and if you would have to wait long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with tomorrow.

I was induced, had 2 lots of gels put in, they did nothing for me, in 20 hours I only dilated 1cm, and there was no way I would accept a 3rd gel, the pain (contractions) are in my view.... A lot worse than normal labour, give me natural labour any day.

I ended up having an epidural, they had told me I couldn't because my waters weren't broken, I became quiet musical, even the poor midwives felt sorry for me and stayed with me and she also argued to have an epidural put in, so we won and got it done, still didn't dilate further, had my waters broken, nothing, then of course I was rushed to have an emergency c section. That's my story.

However, I've heard that with other people after 1 gel they give birth.

In saying all this, it's all worth it and once you hold your baby you forget everything.

Good luck, I hope all goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Getting induced tomorrow!!!

I was induced with DD. Gel was put in around 9pm on Tuesday. Had period pain on and off over night. More gel next morning. Waters were broken at 1pm (I was 1-2cm dilated at the time and had no contractions). As soon as waters broken, contractions started 2 mins apart. Midwives kept telling me they were mild and not doing anything (without actually checking). I had an epidural around 2:30. At 4:00pm they topped up my epidural and came to start the drip. As I was bleeding, they got ob to check me and I was fully dilated (so much for my contractions not doing anything). They told me to wait an hour for epidural to wear off. Started pushing at 5:20 and DD was born at 5:37pm. So 4.5 hours from waters breaking to birth

And I thought internals were quite painful