+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spin Off: How much do you spend on 'beauty'?

The 'hairdresser' thread got me thinking, there are women spending at least $2000 a year just on getting their hair done - how much do they spend each year on 'beauty' in total?

Not including surgeries, permanent procedures (IPL, cosmetic tattoos), 'health' things that serve a dual purpose (vitamins, massages). But including beauty basics like shampoo/cond, body wash etc.

Me? I worked it out to around $600 a year

Shampoo/Conditioner $150
    Hair colouring $90
    Haircuts $120
    Body wash and lotions $40
    Face cream $92
    Razors $20
    Makeup $40-60
    Plus maybe a new bottle of nail polish or some nail wraps on clearance.

How much do you spend?

Edit to add: There are a lot of things you may do that are not on my list, eg. Spray tans, waxing, lash extensions, facials etc. But include away on yours.
    Last edited by Stretched; 03-06-2016 at 18:50.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

witherwings  (05-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Up until now I've been spending at least $3,500.00 on beauty a year. My skin is a total pain and the organic, natural make-up, moisturisers etc I finally found that agree with it, don't come cheap.

I've had to re-jig things a bit in light of the fact that all going well, I'll be a SAHM by the end of this year. I've managed to get it down to $2,000.00 a year (I'll be going to the hairdresser every 3 months instead of every 6 weeks and had to take a few things out of my luxury skin care regime!

I don't really include things like razors in there though because they're just bought as part of the groceries etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Shampoo / Conditioner - $150
    Haircuts - $120.
    Body Wash - $20.
    Cleanser / Toner / Moisturiser - $50.
    Razors - $20.

So, about $360 p.a.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't spend a ton on beauty routine - I do buy pricey shampoo/conditioners, I like Chanel nail polish, I do like to get a facial 1-2x per year.

I do my own nails.

I have a Clarisonic which makes a huge difference on my skin.

I have long hair with layers and used to get it cut 2-3x per year. It grows really fast, so I would trim my own bangs and then go into the salon every so often to get them evened out.

Then in December I found the Creaclip after searching Youtube for videos on how to trim layers around the front of my hair. All these girls on Youtube were using the Creaclip and I decided to buy one.

Since then, I've been trimming my own hair, layers, and bangs on my own. Its really fun! I'm kind of addicted to my creaclip now. I am sure I will go in for a full cut at some point, but for now, my hair looks great and I get lots of compliments on it. I never thought I would be able to cut my own hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HillDweller View Post
    I don't really include things like razors in there though because they're just bought as part of the groceries etc
    I only included razors as it is in contrast to what would be spent if I waxed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is scary atm. But not for hair - I have not cut my hair for about a year. I don't seem to need regular trims (am only juat getting split ends now) as I am growing my hair and my haircut was really good last time so still looks good.

Hair (colour/shampoo/conditioner/styling products) - $300 if I include 1 haircut

Face cleansers - maybe close to $300. I have a new routine with more expensive things but they seem to last longer.

Makeup - too much this year. Lets not go there.

Body wash etc - no idea. Maybe $50 max. But the whole family uses it.

I get brows done every 6 weeks or so - $150ish. All other hair is electric razor and epilator.

I go through years I do not spend much and years I do. But this is this last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooohhhh, fun thread!

Hair $700
    Makeup $240
    Moisturiser $ 60
    Razors $ 20
    Shampoo/Cond $ 90
    Hair Products $120

Nails are a sticking point. I do my own with shellac but I may or may not have an addiction. Probably around $200 a year on new polish and embellishments.

I don't buy fancy pants face and body washes - I use plain old soap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Shampoo is about $80

Haircuts $0

Body wash $50

Creams/make ups etc $0

I epilate so $0 for razors

Chap sticks $40 (I have insanely dry lips, partly due to where I live, and my daughter steals them all the time so I buy new ones more often than needed).

Nails etc $0

So that's what, $170ish a year and that's being generous. Less is if buy stuff on sale etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no idea. My shampoo and conditioner is $70 every couple of months. I buy drugstore brand makeup but I have a lot of it and often buy things just for fun. I probably spend about $50 a month on makeup. I have an epilator so use that on my bikini line which was a $100 outlay a couple of years ago. I wax my own brows and tint my own lashes and brows. The tint costs about $20 every 3 months or so. My face products are about another $40 a month I guess. I do my own gel nails and have about 12 bottles of polish but I only buy twice a year or so. So I guess around $1500 or so, give it take? I'd say that's probably overestimating. My haircuts are on addition to that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shampoo/conditioner/treatments- $400
    Hairdresser - $1000
    Body Wash - $100
    Cleanser / Toner / Face Cream - $400
    Razor - $50

Total - $1950 makes me sound high maintenance but it really is just the basics but it's all from body shop, lush and salon hair products