+ Reply to Thread

Default Someone help please

I went to my normal midwife appointment yesterday since they're weekly now and I'm 39+1 weeks. I expected everything to be normal, but when they checked my blood pressure it was really high, and took about an hour to come down. She also tested my urine to see if anything else was wrong, and there was protein++ in my urine so I have to go back to the assessment unit tomorrow to have an internal scan and monitor my blood pressure again to make a plan whether or not we'll have to deliver the baby early. I'm so scared, how does the protein++ in urine affect me or my baby? I've heard if they don't treat it quick it can lead to high blood pressure and pre eclampsia. I'm stressing so bad as this is my first pregnancy

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Try not to stress. Protein in your urine and high blood pressure can be a sign of pre eclampsia but it's not always the case. They will do a blood test and scan at the assessment unit and determine what is the best action to take once all of the results are in. I had both of those things in my pregnancies and was diagnosed with pregnancy induced hypertension, first pregnancy I was medicated from 34 weeks, second pregnancies I didn't start medication until the day before the birth and for weeks after. Being that you are over 39 weeks they may want to induce you now or may be happy to medicate you instead (depending on the outcome of the test of course).

It is not uncommon and the medical staff deal with this all the time. You will be in good hands, have trust the the staff are only doing the right thing to keep you and your baby safe.

Good luck.

P.S. If you get a headache or dizziness before tomorrow please go straight to your hospital and get checked over.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Happymum2 For This Useful Post:

Skye Baby  (03-06-2016)