+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @gemmaolsson how excited you must be! I'm new too and about to undergo my first cycle due to DP having a vasectomy after previous relationship.

How have you found the gonal f? Any side effects?

Sending baby dust and prayers for lots of healthy 5 day embryos!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gemmaolsson View Post
    Hi Ladies

I'm new to this site. I literally just had my trigger injection for my first IVF cycle. I go in Monday morning for egg collection and then eggs will be fertilised for 5 days.
    Everything went really well for the injections. I only started on gonal f 150ui last Saturday (1 week ago), then had a scan / blood test on weds and advised to start the orgalutran injection, then scan / blood on Friday showed all looked great and I would go in Monday! I was surprised with how quick it had been, I thought I wouldn't go in until later next week. My fingers are crossed everything goes well and we get a few that make it to day 5!

goodluck to all those starting their process or in the 2ww.

Wow @gemmaolsson that is quick! I started gonal f 450 three days before you, and will hopefully go for EPU on Tuesday... Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    Wow @gemmaolsson that is quick! I started gonal f 450 three days before you, and will hopefully go for EPU on Tuesday... Good luck
    Wow! That's a huge amount your on! I was only on 150 for 8 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow! That's a huge amount your on! I was only on 150 for 8 days.
    This is my fourth full cycle - so I need a bit more oomph... I think I am probably older than you too?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ive been on 450 my last few cycles. Im 41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter View Post
    This is my fourth full cycle - so I need a bit more oomph... I think I am probably older than you too?
    Ahhh ok. I am 29, 30 in October. TRC for 4 year and both my husband and I had all the testing and everything looks fine, so our infertility is unexplained. How old are you and how many cycles have you done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for day 5'ers for all of us!

Update from me ( first ever cycle):

My EPU on Saturday ended up with 3 eggs from 3 follicles (They were worried that one of them wasn't mature at extraction time, but it pulled through).

I got the phone call that all 3 fertilised via ICSI (It was a bit of a worry for us, as DH was having a few anxiety issues, to go along with his chronic illness that makes giving a deposit an issue on any given day, so there wasn't a lot for them to choose from)

So now its just waiting to hear if they continue to grow!

I'm more nervous for that news then I was for the actual EPU - that was easy as by comparison - they put me to sleep and I don't remember a thing from it....

I found that the Cetrotide & the Lutropin Alfa injections were worse than the trigger injection! A lot more itchy than the trigger and Gonal F. As it was my FS did tell me on the day of pick-up that should need to do another stim cycle, she would start me on a higher level Gonal F from the start - as it took too long for my body to react...

Best of luck to all of us

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ashwinder For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (15-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhh ok. I am 29, 30 in October. TRC for 4 year and both my husband and I had all the testing and everything looks fine, so our infertility is unexplained. How old are you and how many cycles have you done?
    I am 38 at the end of the year and have done 3 full cycles and 4 transfers. I started IVF due to mild endo and needing a sperm donor, so didn't expect any problems. A year later I'm still going and apparently my eggs are rubbish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi to the new ladies, I hope you all have BFP's soon! It's really unfair that some can fall pregnant easily & others have to go through so much.

I've got an appointment with the nurses tomorrow to get my drugs & plan... Looking forward to getting things started, very nervous aswell!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning. I had my ER yesterday morning. They got 16 good eggs which was nice. Not sure of the grade etc yet and hubby's sample looked great they said. They will call this morning to let us know how many fertilised, so fingers crossed!

I'm feeling pretty sore 😔 Feels like I have been stabbed in the stomach a few times. Will just be resting up today.

How is everyone else going?