+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Question, I had my day 21 appointment today where I got my drugs and the did a scan. When doing a scan they said I have a folicule/cyst so I need to go for a scan on day 2 of my cycle and not just a blood test. Does this mean they may not let me go the cycle cause of the cyst?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 from my experience they allowed the cycle to continue but only were able to take the follicles which they could access on the left side. My cyst (5cm! Of yuk) it was so big it blocked the right ovary. In theory follicle cysts are suppose to go naturally and disappear over a period which is why you probably they want observe if it's shrunk but they also might want to monitor that it's not getting bigger too along with the rest of the follicles because of the stims.
    Try not to worry to much yet, you might only have a small one which is on it's way out. Follicle cysts are really common and most women have them and don't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mish239 from my experience they allowed the cycle to continue but only were able to take the follicles which they could access on the left side. My cyst (5cm! Of yuk) it was so big it blocked the right ovary. In theory follicle cysts are suppose to go naturally and disappear over a period which is why you probably they want observe if it's shrunk but they also might want to monitor that it's not getting bigger too along with the rest of the follicles because of the stims.
    Try not to worry to much yet, you might only have a small one which is on it's way out. Follicle cysts are really common and most women have them and don't even know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cococool View Post
    Thanks cococool. I didn't know if I should worry or not and you have put my mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick update: Monster cyst is gone and I have 7 follicles (but 4 of them are a bit small) but that's ok! I'm so happy with that

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cococool that's great news!
    @Mongol and @jess8383 hope you are both feeling ok today and get some great fertilisation results.
    @AmyEL good luck with asking questions today, it will be interesting to see what it is they are waiting for.

Sorry for the quick comments etc I'm rushing in while at work to say I caved and did an HPT this morning which was a stark BFN I'm 8dp5dt today, used FMU and a FRER. I've done this plenty of times over the last 5 years to know it can't just be a matter of being too early so will just wait for bloods to confirm on Sunday. So gutted and numb about the whole thing as I was just so sure this would work - although my history should tell me otherwise
    Two embryo's left so will see what next after follow up appointment with my doc hopefully next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cococool that is fantastic news. Fingers crossed for you
    @Ashjay, sorry to hear that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So sorry it was a BFN @Ashjay. I hope they have some new plans for you to make a difference.
    @cococool glad to hear the cyst has gone! I've had them before too. I don't get many eggs per stim (four or five) but hopefully your golden egg is there

I might be a bit quiet, had bad news about my DPs mum yesterday, looks like her breast cancer is back. I'm also sick with a cold, hoping it won't affect the FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks ladies. I feel like I've tried so much over the last 5 years and it's just still not happening! Ugh
    @pingc383 I've been tested a couple of times in the 5 years for immune issues, particularly because of my CP's and they have all come back very ok so don't think that's an issue. My embryo's haven't been tested and I hadn't really pushed to have them tested as both DH and I have our chromosome tests etc come back clear. Do you think there is still a reason to push to have them tested? Can they test them if they have already been frozen or do they have to do it when fresh?
    @Flower78 I'm so sorry to hear that about your Dp's mum. Sending you and your extended family lots of wishes. Take care of each other.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ashjay I'm sorry to hear that also that's the downer of this whole thing, there's always the end point where it didn't work after all that work and time. I hope you're surrounded by people who can give you a big hug. If i was you I'd leave work early, go see some friends and grab a nice bottle of red and a block of smelly cheese. X
    @Flower78 thank you, well I hope but these things can take time as we all know and whilst I hope that it will be right this time round I still have a long way to go. I will be testing my embryos again and if they aren't abnormal that in itself will be a success. Baby steps for me, I don't want to get too ahead of myself, there's so many hurdles in IVF.

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news @Flower78
    I'm not sure if eccinacia is allowed on a cycle but my god I have found it does wonders for helping reduce the severity of a cold