+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL Metformin has been horrible! I didn't take it last night and of course this morning. It makes me sick!! How long did you take it for? I've been on it for almost 3 months. I had that kind of diarrhoea as well and then got severe constipation. It just makes me sick in the stomach 24/7.
    Thanks for the tips, protein powder is a great idea, I'll buy some xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol that's ok! 6 eggs is sooo great! Celebrate and have a glass of wine while you can!

Me, well I'm going in to have my scan tomorrow to see how many follicles I have. Nervous and excited. Last time on my first cycle my right ovary had a massive cyst which blocked any follicles and I only 2 eggs in the end on my left side.
    I am really hoping this time we have more so we can have more chances.
    @jess8383 hope you're ok too. Looking forward to knowing how you went today

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks girls, sorry about the vent I know a lot of you are going through much more than me, but was just frustrated yesterday, I feel like it's really dragging out! Anyway much better today & ready for BT in the morning!
    @Mongol 6 is a great haul, I have everything crossed you have a great fertility rate! Hope the pain eases quickly.

RE: Metformin, I stuck at it for about 3 months both tones & then gave up, it made me feel shocking, I've heard the low release can be better on your body, not sure if you already using that one.
    @cococool fingers crossed for a better cycle for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol, 6 eggs is great! Don't forget it's quality over quantity! Rest up and try not to stress about the numbers too much. Easier said than done I know

I managed to get 8, but not sure if they are all mature. She said they will find out this afternoon when they attempt ICSI and I will get a call tomorrow from the nurses to update me. I will also have a scientist call again on Sunday for another update. Transfer will be Tuesday if all goes well. Apparently FS is a little concerned about my lining thickness, as he's had two conflicting reports from the last two U/S, the last one was apparently thinner which didn't make a lot of sense...perhaps two different sonographers/different measures.

I only had a light sedation and local, and I coped okay. It felt like it went for about 5 min all up but DH assures me we were in there for at least 30 min lol. Midazolam is good stuff! Hopefully I didn't say anything too embarrassing!

I'm a little tired and tender but I've just curled up on the couch and will start watching some more Netflix! I'm craving sushi so given the nurses instructed hubby to wait on me and do as he's told I'm sure I'll get some lol. She even told him to go buy me a bell!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jess8383 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cococool thanks yes I will be celebrating with something full of gluten as I've been off it and really missing it all the best for your scan tomorrow, hope you get to see lots of good looking follies. How old are you if you don't mind me asking? I'm 35. Sorry to hear about your cyst, is it still there?
    @PINGc838 thanks hun
    @AmyEL no need to apologise hun, you have full permission to feel whatever way and vent here any time! IVF/infertility is extremely tough and some people cope better than others. I've had my low moments and I know how terrible one feels.
    Thanks hoping for all 6 to be of good quality, I'll get an update re fertilisation tomorrow.
    I'm not on slow release Metformin as the doctor didn't think they come in slow release but the pharmacist told me they do. Next time I'll get a script for slow release. @jess8383 yayyy that's a great result I'm hoping everything goes perfectly well for you from here on.
    Wow you only had light sedation, I've never had that but I'm sure it's less risky than a full GA. I've taken 6 GAs in the last 3 years but never tried sedation with local anaesthetic. Haha yes let hubby treat you like a queen. Mine gets too clueless whenever I have a procedure, I can see it on his face but he's very sweet. I'm watching Orange is the New black on Netflix as I write this oh and I'm craving fried chicken from KFC even though I never usually eat it, been years since I last ate it. I think it's time to have some now. Take care xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @AmyEL thank you
    And all fine to get stuff off your chest. I did it last cycle - I think we all understand
    @jess8383 congratulations! You've also done spectacularly.
    @Mongol I've recently turned 37. I'm hoping that tomorrow's scan will show if the cyst has gone. My FS drained it on my EPU so I'm dying to know if it's gone for good.

I'll fill you in tomorrow after I get my scan.

Now you should eat up that dirty KFC ! You deserve to kick back and relax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol, congrats on the 6 eggs. Fingers crossed then all fertilise
    @jess8383, 8 eggs is a great number. I'm going to stalk you to see how many fertilise with ICSI as we are doing that this cycle.

Both you ladies rest up.

I picked up the drugs today for my next cycle. Now I keeping my fingers crossed that AF is late haha. Due next wedns/thurs but hoping for Sunday haha. That means it wouldn't ruin my DH surprise for my 40th bday. If it comes on time then I will have to go for a scan at 7am on my bday and DH has something booked (I'm hoping it's a night away at this little place that has a spa on the balcony and a day spa with a relaxing massage booked haha).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mish239 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 yeah I think it's a precaution they take and especially since it was so early (day 6 of stims) Apparently they had two ladies the same week as me end up in hospital with OHSS I think gas and pain are definitely symptoms of OHS (the milder version of OHSS). The day of the cancellation I was terribly bloated, very thirsty, elevated heart rate and experiencing hot flushes all night...lots of fun. Can't imagine how much worse it would have gotten if we'd continued. Next cycle I'll be on only 100 iu of Gonal F. feels like a long time with 6 weeks to go but oh well, that's life I guess!

Happy to see many ladies in this thread have progressed through to EPU. Congratulations @Mongol and @jess8383 on your numbers. Fingers crossed they develop well!

Hang in there everyone - I can only imagine how difficult this is for everyone. I have only had one minor setback and it felt like the end of the world. So I have so much admiration for you other ladies and your strength through all of this! Prayers and positive thoughts to all xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nettz84 For This Useful Post:

jess8383  (08-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @pingc383 yep, I'm back in the middle of of another cycle - this time a long down protocol to try to stim more eggs - I've been sniffing Syranel and doing Puregon for a while now..Hope it works, hope my cyst is gone. I'll find out in the morning.

But as for your CM I'm not sure if this is due to a cyst. For me I just had really bad sharp pains which was the cyst moving around. But your scan when you have it will be able to show if you have a cyst.

Hope you get your scan done soon so you can put your mind at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default IVF/FET Aug. - Sept. 2016

@pingc383 thanks for that, yes DD was an amazing surprise, we don't know how she happened especially since getting DH's count rechecked & it still being so low... DH reckons he knows when she was conceived, cause he noticed my EWCM that time & he's never noticed before or after so I think everything just lined up

I'm wondering about my LH level being on this low stim FET, I'm day 15 of stims, started on 50iu then 75 & now I'm up to 100... Feels like I've been stimmed for ages, my lining looked good the other day so I'm not sure what they are waiting for, since it's an FET & I'm ovulating thru trigger?? I might ask more questions tomorrow!
    @jess8383 great number, fingers & toes crossed for a great fertilisation rate X
    @mich239 I hope AF isn't a biatch & come on time!! Rest up!
    @Mongol I hope you are feeling ok, rest up & GL with tomorrow's results

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

jess8383  (08-09-2016)