+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 71 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nettz84 View Post
    Hi @Waiting to exhale yep this is my first one! I've done a bit of research (online with Dr Google lol) and apparently it can happen. I'll double check with the clinic on Monday when I go in for bloods again but I'm sure it's not a big deal.
    @AmyEL I am a bit higher than your dose, on 150 though we'll see if they up it on Monday
    I was on 187.5 the first cycle but that went up to 225 after 5 days as I wasn't responding aswell as they liked... I ended up with 11 eggs (7 mature)so was grateful for the monitoring ( just looking back over my notes, geez I was organised, I had a spreadsheet & recorded everything!!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're right AmyEL, they don't actually hurt that much. I took Gonal F 400 iu and Neupogen tonight and didn't actually feel Gonal F at all, the needle is very sharp and thin. The Gonal F pamphlet that came with it says you can leave it out for approximately 30 minutes to let t get to room temperature. It can actually be kept below 25 degrees but it's better for its shelf life to keep it in the fridge. I'll start taking Luveris from Day 5 and Orgalutran from Day 6. Let's see how they go. Haha I'm like you, I like to keep things organised. I'm with a different IVF provider this time (Monash) and they've given me a shocking piece of paper with a table. I've created my own as the table is already incomplete and doesn't have enough space to write anything. Annoys me a lot that they can't even give us a decent schedule of taking the drugs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Mongol shows how closely I read the instructions!!

I've just done up a spreadsheet for this cycle, makes me feel more organised

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol welcome I feel the same about my clinic would love if they could give out like a little book or something, the schedule is only one page and no room to write a thing! I'm using apps to record everything at least then I can't lose it!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET Aug. - Sept. 2016

@AmyEL I can totally relate to that, anything that makes us feel organised and in control is good!
    @nettz84, thanks hun. Feels great to find all of you also in the same boat. My precious clinic actually gave out a little booklet with information and a schedule for taking the injections. It was much nicer and easy to record everything on it. And what's surprising is that they're much cheaper than my current clinic and their costs included all the drugs. Their nurses were also much more available to talk to.
    Last edited by Mongol; 22-09-2016 at 06:06.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry that didn't come out right, I meant that it feels great that I'm not alone in this. Doesn't feel great that you all are also going through this difficult process. Here's hoping it all gets easier for us and we get beautiful healthy babies in the end

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mongol For This Useful Post:

nettz84  (27-08-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't forget to let go of the pinched skin before checking to see if there was any leakage. I found injecting than counting to 7 before pulling the needle out worked well.

And don't freak if you draw blood once or twice...

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mongol it didn't come out wrong, I know exactly what you mean! Family and friends are sympathetic but it's not the same as sharing with someone going through the exact same thing. These forums are great

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ashwinder, you're right. Last night was my first jab for this cycle and after injecting Gonal F, I turned the needle all the way to check whether the dial said zero or not, I had somehow forgotten that the liquid doesn't empty itself, the pen just stops moving forward. Was a bit of a hassle. And there was a spot of blood which I'm honestly ok with, it's nothing in the bigger scheme of things although my husband goes upstairs as soon as I take out the injections, he can't even be on the same floor
    @nettz84, I know tats exactly right. I'm new to this forum (or any forum actually) and its great to be able to know other's going through the same stuff, makes a big difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok I'm stressing again. Yesterday was day 4 of stims. This morning I have crazy EWCM. Very worried that I may be about to ovulate early, the clinic specifically instructed me not to start the suppressant (orgalutran) until they tell me to. If they're wrong and I'm o'ing and we have to cancel the cycle I am going to lose my s**t!

Has anyone else had experience with this before?