+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    So annoying! Whilst not in your situation, I have one of each and people say 'oh, lucky you, now you don't need to have anymore!' I could not have cared less if I had 2 girls, 2 boys, one of each, whatever, I'm so grateful for the children I have
    Yep! You can't win. We had a pidgeon pair for our first two, but our plan was always to have 3 children. When telling people we were expecting our third some people's reactions were downright rude. 'Why another one? You've already got one of each!', 'Just how many do you plan on having?', 'this one was a mistake, yes?', 'are you going to go with something more permanent next time? I mean, you couldn't want more after this one?!'.... And on and on and on...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    Yep! You can't win. We had a pidgeon pair for our first two, but our plan was always to have 3 children. When telling people we were expecting our third some people's reactions were downright rude. 'Why another one? You've already got one of each!', 'Just how many do you plan on having?', 'this one was a mistake, yes?', 'are you going to go with something more permanent next time? I mean, you couldn't want more after this one?!'.... And on and on and on...
    Wtf?! So rude

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    Wtf?! So rude
    Yes! And I always got the impression that if our first two were the same sex, people would understand why we would have a third. Almost like its a valid reason but if you already have one of each then that's enough.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Barnaby For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (02-06-2016),SuperGranny  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
    That is very rude and hurtful. Unfortunately we have already had some of these comments. We originally wanted 4 children and have decided this will most likely be our last and we will be happy and busy enough with 3! Wellllll have heard it all now. "Yeah, unless this ones a girl" "sure sure until this one is a girl too" "yeah right you won't stop til you have a boy" it's just so hurtful we have never banged on about wanting a boy specifically I mean girls are fantastic. Sure it's human nature I would love a son but no differently to how I love my daughters and no more than i would love this next baby if she is a girl. Why is everything so gender obsessed?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having boy #2, and have had a few "are you hoping its a girl?" comments. I'm actually super happy it's another boy, I've always wanted 2 boys.

So I just come back with something ridiculous like "I'm just hoping it's a baby and I haven't just been eating too many donuts!".

People just seem to be obsessed by this idea of having the pigeon pair. When really there are soooo many benefits of having all the same sex - its cheaper for one thing! Gotta love being able to hand down all the clothes!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankenmum For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (02-06-2016),Tinkers  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I have DD, DD and then DS.

3rd preg..

"Hopefully it'll be a boy"

"Fingers crossed for a boy!"

"Oh no, imagine if its another girl. 3 teenage girls running around. You need a boy!"

And many others I forget now!

It REALLY annoyed me. People (nearly everyone it seemed!) assumed I wanted a boy when I just felt grateful and happy to be pregnant again.

I also felt like I was pushing my luck iygwim... As in- I already have 2 healthy girls, surely this will be the pregnancy where something goes wrong?! So people assuming and 'crossing their fingers' for a boy got on my nerves. Because I was 100% crossing my fingers for another healthy baby and I didn't want the universe thinking I had any preference whatsoever.

And I would've been as happy with another girl! I just made sure I always corrected people. I think some people just say things to make conversation and don't really think though, but if your pregnancy is anything like mine be prepared for these kind of comments all the way through!

Good luck
    This. So much this.
    We are 12w with #3. I've had 9 MC and praying all is ok and we get a healthy baby at the end. Paranoid we are tempting fate, being greedy, asking for more than we deserve by having a third.
    Harmony results back today are low risk thank heavens. And we didn't find out the gender because it's irrelevant. Everyone is so shocked we didnt find out.
    Funnily enough i think a third girl would fit jn easier and have 9000 items of shoes and clothes to inherit lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankenmum View Post

So I just come back with something ridiculous like "I'm just hoping it's a baby and I haven't just been eating too many donuts!".

I LOVE this!

OP, maybe you could also try out ridiculous responses like "Oh no, this time we're hoping for a puppy!"

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JustJaq For This Useful Post:

bezzy  (03-06-2016),Frankenmum  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have two girls and frequently have people say "oh wouldn't your husband like a boy?". If we went for a third I wouldn't care what the sex would be, although I'd secretly love another girl lol, but it wouldn't worry me, and it doesn't worry my husband as our eldest is pretty much a tomboy and goes surfing with him, building and everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, why do people always assume that the DH/DP wants a boy when they actually don't care. When a boy is born you always hear people saying 'oh, the dad must be so proud'. What wrong with a girl? Why don't thy say 'oh the mum must be so proud when a girl is born'?

I have a DD and am 10wks pregnant and we will not be finding out the gender. I am not fussed either way (I did want a girl first) and I know DH will be just as happy with another girl or a boy. Me too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate to go against the grain but I think people often want to make conversation and don't mean to offend. Unless you are dealing with people who usually are rude??

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sarahd80 For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (03-06-2016)