+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bet you hope it's a boy..

I am so SICK of this comment! Only 8 weeks (it's very obvious I'm pregnant) and this is about the first thing nearly everyone has said to me after telling them we are having #3.. I have 2 beautiful, HEALTHY, happy girls and they are my everything. It's really getting on my nerves - today I had 3 people alone say this to me.

Of course I would love a little boy but would be stoked with a 3rd girl. This is about 95% going to be our last I feel nostalgic about that but I don't need people hanging on my every symptom and the fact I already have 2 girls. I'm feeling really sad about this all of course hormones and a few other things going on but just want this baby girl or boy to be celebrated for a lovely miracle and be happy and healthy.

How did you field comments like this?I'm going to need more prep work before I'm showing even more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can't win either way. I've just had my second boy and have had sooo many people say, oh now you'll have to have a third to have a girl. People will always say silly stuff.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it were me, I'd do a stern look and say "Why would you think that?" then when they stumble over their words about how you already have girls, I'd say "So? I love my girls" and walk away.

But I'm the type of person who, if I think someones comments are rude/prying or inappropriate, I don't really mind being short with them. If you're nicer than me maybe just smile and say "I would be more than happy either way actually".

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 39+6 with number 3. I have 2 girls also and I've had this the entire time. I just say 'no, actually, we don't care.' I find as long as I don't agree, the person gets uncomfortable, which I do enjoy for a little bit. I'm sure it'll get worse with comments after if this one is a girl.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to moto For This Useful Post:

giveitago  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have DD, DD and then DS.

3rd preg..

"Hopefully it'll be a boy"

"Fingers crossed for a boy!"

"Oh no, imagine if its another girl. 3 teenage girls running around. You need a boy!"

And many others I forget now!

It REALLY annoyed me. People (nearly everyone it seemed!) assumed I wanted a boy when I just felt grateful and happy to be pregnant again.

I also felt like I was pushing my luck iygwim... As in- I already have 2 healthy girls, surely this will be the pregnancy where something goes wrong?! So people assuming and 'crossing their fingers' for a boy got on my nerves. Because I was 100% crossing my fingers for another healthy baby and I didn't want the universe thinking I had any preference whatsoever.

And I would've been as happy with another girl! I just made sure I always corrected people. I think some people just say things to make conversation and don't really think though, but if your pregnancy is anything like mine be prepared for these kind of comments all the way through!

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also, I felt like they were kind of insulting my girls I already had. Like..Why wouldn't I want another little girl. My 2 are awesome!

Thanks
    Reviews
    As annoying as it is, try not to let it get to you. I know with my 2nd pregnancy sooo many people assumed I wanted the opposite gender and would say " oh I bet you want a girl" etc...when infact, I just felt blessed to be pregnant.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (03-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by yadot View Post
    I have DD, DD and then DS.

3rd preg..

"Hopefully it'll be a boy"

"Fingers crossed for a boy!"

"Oh no, imagine if its another girl. 3 teenage girls running around. You need a boy!"

And many others I forget now!

It REALLY annoyed me. People (nearly everyone it seemed!) assumed I wanted a boy when I just felt grateful and happy to be pregnant again.

I also felt like I was pushing my luck iygwim... As in- I already have 2 healthy girls, surely this will be the pregnancy where something goes wrong?! So people assuming and 'crossing their fingers' for a boy got on my nerves. Because I was 100% crossing my fingers for another healthy baby and I didn't want the universe thinking I had any preference whatsoever.

And I would've been as happy with another girl! I just made sure I always corrected people. I think some people just say things to make conversation and don't really think though, but if your pregnancy is anything like mine be prepared for these kind of comments all the way through!

Good luck
    I definitely get what you mean I also said the same to my friend the other day that I'm so lucky to have healthy babies will I be so lucky again! I'm thinking of finding out what we are having this time not sure if it will make the comments any easier or less annoying though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hear u Soon2b4 and I sympathize. I have been in your shoes and now have 3 healthy girls. As well as getting these comments while pregnant with my last bub I have also received them recently as my twin sister was pregnant. She has 3 boys and her forth was a little girl. I was told on a few occasions that I should go again to get a boy 😤. Sadly I've had to bury my first 2 babies (our first born was a little boy) so I have reacted abruptly at one stage saying "actually we will be really happy with another girl as we have already buried our son so gender is not important to us". Not the best reaction I admit but I was so upset at the time.
    Through it all though I really think people are ignorant or naive to anything they haven't experienced themselves before. I'm not trying to say that in a negative way. I mean I'm sure I'm naive to things too but I do try really hard to be considerate of what I say to others. In any circumstance.
    Maybe the best response would be something witty but honest so they get the message that they need to rethink their comment?
    Good luck and I hope the comments stop for you 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    So annoying! Whilst not in your situation, I have one of each and people say 'oh, lucky you, now you don't need to have anymore!' I could not have cared less if I had 2 girls, 2 boys, one of each, whatever, I'm so grateful for the children I have