+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by embarassedandstressed11 View Post
    sorry - yes this is what I did, the mental health assessment.. The one where the doc asks like 10 questions. The first time I did it she gave me a contact number for a helpline but I never called because I didn't want to have to repeat my story each time as it's quite traumatic.
    The second time she basically said the wait list is so long and referred me to a paid psych/counsellor even though I said I cannot afford it etc. this was for the 10 free sessions I'd heard about from a friend.

Maybe I should try again and see another doctor.
    Please see another Dr. I hope you can get to speak to someone xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think its only when you knowingly do the wrong thing. Dont worry. Just make a payment plan with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by embarassedandstressed11 View Post
    Was hers for single parenting payment or another payment? I'm so worried
    She is a single mother so I'm thinking it was for a single parenting payment. I can't think of any other payment she would have received. I'll ask DH & if it was anything else I'll let you know. I think the fact that you owned up to it will show you have a conscience. You've done the right thing. After all, you only did it to survive, not to go on holidays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey, you made a mistake like every other human being in the world. You know what the amazing thing is, you owned it. You reported yourself willing to accept the consequences. I think that makes you a pretty awesome person and you should be proud of yourself for being so brave and admitting your mistake. Just breathe ...You won't go jail! Xx

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

almai  (21-07-2016),Amber4304  (02-06-2016),BH-KatiesMum  (21-07-2016),SummerFun  (15-06-2016),~Marigold~  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    They certainly do. At the end of the tax year your tax assessment gets sent to Centrelink so they can balance your payments and release the supplement. In our case we are self employed and don't declare during the year so this once a year contact between the 2 is made and I get a lump sum payment.
    Yes, that's what I thought with my husbands business also, I just do an estimate every year and if I have to pay back let it be. If not then I get paid what I didn't from Centrelink. I usually put the max. I like to keep to the safe side.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    You won't go to jail. As others have stated, it's a relatively minor amount and you've confessed which is fantastic.
    You really need to try and stop stressing out, it's so clear by reading your OP that what you did was out of character, due to dire circumstances and an ill thought through act of desperation.
    You've done the right thing now.
    Put it behind you x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (21-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I accidentally did this a few years ago. I owes 3k. It took 2 years to pay back.

They will give you options and one is you can pay in full or one is have money taken from your pay each fortnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know of people who have had in excess of $80,000 debts and never went to jail and continued to get payments.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No way are you a criminal , especially when you did the right thing and called them to say you owe them money . You will have to repay via a payment plan . That's all. Think about those huge multi million dollar companies that use loop holes to pay zero tax ! Zero ! And it's legal . So give yourself a break . Stop feeling bad . You did the right thing by calling and wanting to put it right . Also you have had a traumatic time separating and the debts that went along with that . You had to look after yourself and kids first as in feed etc... It's all good . Your a good person . You can tell you are just by how worried and bad you feel . You will just have to arrange a payment plan . Just don't admit to knowingly doing it , just say you miscalculated .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know how much money you can have in the bank until they stop your payments?