+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default How much do you pay to get your hair done at the hairdressers?

Between $140 root touch up and fringe trimmed to $195 root touch up, half head highlights and major cut. This also includes blow dry and style. I go every 7 weeks.
    Last edited by Lil M; 02-06-2016 at 17:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is such an eye opener to me, I haven't been to the hairdressers in years (can't remember, maybe 15?). My hair is so frizzy I haven't met one hairdresser who knows how to deal with it, so I don't bother. It's now starting to get a bit grey and I was just going to colour it myself. I bought my mum a $100 gift voucher for a popular chain of hairdressers, thinking she would get at least 2 visits out of it. Well, I was so wrong, she only used it once and had to pay $20 on top of it, so it was $120 for a cut and colour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    See I don't think they are (well the majority, not talking about those trendy inner city designer places). When I recently had my big hair cut/style/colour I was in there for 5 hours and the girls spent the whole time on their feet, perfecting my hair. At one point I had 2 working on my (superfine) foils at the same time. $180 divided by 5 hours is $36 an hour. Take out money for the salon owner, the products etc the poor girls must be getting paid a pittance.

Most people will happily pay $80 for a 1 hour massage, or $150 for a one hour facial - so I don't think $150-$200 is much to pay for a 3-5 hour hair pampering.

(This coming from someone who has been fortunate enough to have free cuts and colours my whole life - mum is a hairdresser. But she is getting older and I don't want her to have to do my hair anymore, hence I now go into a salon).
    Quick google showed this. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1464857975.230428.jpg

I agree compared to the cost of a massage or facial it's 'cheap'. I pay about $200 for cut, foils, base colour and blowdry. It's a suburban salon with 3 ladies and it's a really nice environment so I'm happy to pay to relax for a couple hours.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

sunnygirl79  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    $29 for a cut on a rare occasion (generally once every 18 months to 2 years). Mostly I trim, cut or colour it myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so glad I have a hairdresser who has started an at home business. I used to pay $250+ to get my hair done.

I now pay $70, this includes a colour, cut, treatment, blow dry and style and a spray tan! As well as DFs hair cut too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    $45 for a cut and blow dry. $150 if I include balayage. It's a home salon with an amazing hair dresser who's set up from home since having kids. I think it's very reasonable. Happy to support her business as she's very talented

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine is the cheapest it's been in ages at $100 for a re-growth tint, cut and blow dry - every 8 weeks.

I've paid $300+ when I had ombré, which required multiple tints and treatments it was so hard on my hair. Tho I went every 12 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I pay $110 for a style cut, colour and blow dry/straighten. I go to my friend's salon and I know she gives me a bit of a cheaper deal. She is very talented. I think her salon is reasonably priced. She told me once it's all about the overheads - particularly the lease. Her salon is in a small, humble shopping village on a corner type deal. They are happy there as they can keep the prices down for their clients. They have 3 senior stylists, an apprentice and a beautician and you need to book a few weeks in advance, so location certainly isn't everything for running a successful business - just great skills!

For anyone looking for a cheaper deal - I would suggest looking at salons that don't have high-priced leases (or as others have suggested, hairdressers set up at home), because that's where a lot of your money is going it would seem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    For me a colour and blow dry it's $125 and that's for 2 colours red and hot pink, if I add a cut its $165. I only get a cut every 4-5 visits as I like having long hair. I usually go every 6 weeks.

Though I top up the pink colour at home every 3-4 washes with in home pink dye that I leave in for up to 6 hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Free. My sister does it (she's a hairdresser).