Closed Thread
Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winsor View Post
    thanks, yes I'll post some pics when he's home. this is his online (dating?) profile pic. he's a pretty boy. and I just noticed he's 2 yrs 3 months which almost lines up to our first FS appt for IVF..

thanks for your suggestions about whippets too @Bongley. I ended up deciding the apartment is too small for a dog. maybe if we move to a house later. then I fell in love with this little man.

Attachment 82222

Nawwww, he such a cute little wooby. You have to get him @winsor. Look at those bootiful eyes

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks, yes I wish I could go get him earlier. but I'm not getting a loaner cat carrier till tomorrow afternoon and the shelter's only open in the mornings. feel almost as anxious as when cycling waiting for news/those post-epu calls, to see if he'll still be there on sunday & want to be adopted

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),Blossom74  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks, yes I wish I could go get him earlier. but I'm not getting a loaner cat carrier till tomorrow afternoon and the shelter's only open in the mornings. feel almost as anxious as when cycling waiting for news/those post-epu calls, to see if he'll still be there on sunday & want to be adopted

You should ring and register your interest in him hon. Make sure no-one gets in before you

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love the kitty Kat!!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissDa For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),Blossom74  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    You should ring and register your interest in him hon. Make sure no-one gets in before you

yes, I've submitted the form & called about him this week. so I hope they don't give him away. not sure how long he's been there. there seemed to be 2 listings of him at different but nearby shelters so I think he might have moved between shelters.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie74 View Post
    @Blossom74, when we got 2 of our 3 embies tested in November, the embryologist actually told me that they were abnormal, and if it was any consolation at all (not sure on that one), that both had abnormalities that would NOT have resulted in a pregnancy/ live birth. She told me what the 'issue' was with both (which obviously was double Dutch to me!).. But mentioned chromosome 9 with one of them & the other I can't remember. PGD will obviously also pick up on things like trisomy 21 (downs) which will result in a live birth.

Interesting. As you know we've never PGD'd before. But hubby was asking me what the test actually picks up.

As an example, hubby has an inherited condition which affects his nerves and muscles, particularly in the arms and legs. It is genetically passed down through the family. Hubby is relatively 'normal' physically, but he does get leg cramps and numbness in his hands from time to time.

He was curious as to whether this is the sort of thing PGD picks up, and if so would we then be recommended that our embies were not 'viable' if it was detected? The thought that this would be classed as 'abnormal' was distressing to hubby, who leads a full and active life.

Again, it's a bit of a non-issue for us anyway, but we are just curious as to the answer...

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blossom74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),Charlie74  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @tuxcat he's called 'pudding' on the shelter site. as they said he's overweight (is now on a strict diet) - well, aren't we all. I don't like that name for him

I've been trying to think of a name. perhaps Mister Parker. though I tend to call all cats and dogs 'good boy, pup, mister' so it might end up being 'good boy mister parker pup'. Parker for short (after parkers art store near where I do painting classes)
    I love mister Parker! Is that in reference to that book which I have forgotten the name of..a friend I had in Melbourne had a cat called Richard Parker. I haven't read the book nor seen the movie - life of Pi DH just reminded me.

As as for a fat cat...our tux cat is fat. It's hard to avoid when the are purely inside, but she's happy and well loved and doesn't eat any more than a friends skinny cat but she's little so it's harder I think. I'm so excited for you! Pudding is funny. My friends rescue cat is called spud, and they kept it as it was just so cute

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tuxcat For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (01-07-2016),Blossom74  (01-07-2016),skye76  (02-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Quote Originally Posted by MissDa View Post
    Hi all
    I had a catch up with an IVF buddy the other day, and she told me something interesting and is happy for me to share with you all. She has had many failed transfers so went to a naturopath and it was discovered her body wasn't absorbing the progesterone.
    I'll give the basic version,
    So when she had her bloods done by the clinic yes her levels were fine as it was post progesterone dose but then her levels would drop below acceptable levels. Her levels were basically having massive peaks and then massive drops. So when there where "drops" the levels weren't high enough to sustain an embryo.
    Now she is on supplements from the naturopath her levels are staying consistently above what is therapeutic.
    I'm not usually into alternative therapies but she showed me the data (and probably explained it much better) and I thought it was interesting and maybe valuable info for some of you.
    She may pop on this thread as well and may expand on my version.

Ps- is there going to be some stick action tomorrow?????
    Mmmm...that's interesting Luv

Progesterone levels do fluctuate naturally anyway throughout the day but hers must really swing the other way badly???

Am glad to see she got it sorted out and I reckon you've got nothing to lose giving Alternative Therapies a go when you've tried everything else!!!

Personally, I believe there's a place for them alongside traditional "Western Medicine"

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (01-07-2016),MissDa  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    The Over 40's Warrior Woman Roll Call

July

Cycling
    -@Heyside - OE Stim Cycle
    -@Bradders - OE FET 4/7
    -@Tinachris - Starting stim's 23/6 for July EPU/Transfer
    -@Rhino- Lucky Last OE Cycle
    -@Billie2 - OE Stim Cycle
    -@40NotOut - OE Stim Cycle

TWTorture
    - @Green lady- Day 5 transfer 23/6
    - @Twiglets - Day 5 transfer 29/6

Graduates

TLC
    - @skeeter
    - @Deskar
    - @ange1111
    - @MissDa
    -@Lastchance75

Appointments/Procedures
    -@calypso75 - FS appoint 24/6

Awaiting DE
    - @winsor - EDA
    - @tuxcat - FS Skype Appoint-22/6
    - @Rhino - Deciding on o/seas options with DH
    - @jo-anne.36
    -@Summer-Deciding on DE options with DH

MIA

- @Lucky8 - 24/5 - start meds in preparation for DE in Greece in June
    - @ECM1981 - CT DE ? EPU 9/10th June

Babies due
    - @JulieMalooley - B/G Twins Delivered C-Section 24/5
    - @faithandhopellove - Baby Girl + Angel Baby "Little Bubba" 31/5
    - @Corbes - EDD 17/7
    - @Lolly99 - C section 30/ 7 (B/G twins)
    - @Bongley- DS: 1st September
    - @Felicity Fox - EDD 19th October
    - @AnnaMM - EDD 19th December
    - @MamaKes- EDD- 23 December
    - @Gagingi - EDD- 25 December
    - @Molros - EDD - 30 December
    - @Gen72- EDD 6 Jan 2017
    - @Precious40- EDD 13 Jan 2017
    - @tegs26 - EDD 31 Jan 2017July
    - @Lucky8 - Depart for Greece
    - @midnite01 - Cycling
    -@Billie2 - OE Cycle
    - @ange1111 - OE Cycle

August
    - @Charlie74 - OE FET
    - @Blossom74 - DE Cycle
    - @Caesardust - DE Cycle
    -@Tahli - Wazza Appointment
    -@Maxwellsmum - FET

September
    - @Blossom74 - DE Cycle
    - @Rhino - ? DE Cycle
    - @tuxcat - DE Cycle

October
    - @amie999 - DE Cycle
    -@Summer - DE Cycle

November

December

January 2017
    - @emski72 - DE Cycle - Cape Town
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 01-07-2016 at 22:03.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Billie2  (01-07-2016),Blossom74  (01-07-2016),winsor  (01-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I figure indoor cats prob get less exercise, and he's not a kitten any more, though still young. they said he sleeps a lot and doesn't beg to go outside or run out when they open the door so I think he must be an indoor cat. will see. will have to see whether I risk opening the balcony door with him (after he's settled in a bit). might need to get a screen door fitted. DP said he's going to call him Puddin'. it feels too much like fat-shaming a cat so I'm changing his name!

yeah I thought of richard parker afterwards - that is a great book. and a friend mentioned Lady Penelope's chauffeur in Thunderbirds. I just liked the name of the art store. ha. and thought a 'p' name would match pup/pudding so hopefully sound similar to him.

do you have a balcony and let her out onto it? does she try jump up onto the railing and over the balcony. there is a cement block running under the balcony the length of the facade, but I'd hate for him to jump off it & get lost or not be able to get back or worst. (like my sis' cat would have done if I let him out, cheeky boy)

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to winsor For This Useful Post: