Right, as Queen of the Poverty Stricken Nation....I've *heard* that if you can't afford Intralipids, the next best option is high dose fish oil. Not sure if that's true or not but (A) I'm on it just in case and (B) It's cheap as chips, so why not, hey?
Re the Gonal F, I thought if you got it on Authority it was cheaper? I got 10 pens for a grand total of $38 during my last cycle! $1200 is bl00dy appalling. I have some left over....Are you in Victoria? If you can make your way towards me I might be able to help you out....
@Lastchance75 - really sorry to hear this news. It's just awful. I am angry on your behalf.
I think over 40s have two hurdles - that the embryo is normal, which is what PGD is for and secondly that it has the energy to keep dividing and growing once it is transferred and then implants. That's what my FS has told me which doesn't give much hope for a PGD normal embryo, but I guess it prepares you for the fact the odds lean in favour of it failing as if you say there is a 40% chance of success with a normal embryo there is a 60% chance of it failing.
As others have commented it makes you wonder how anyone gets pregnant. I have children and now I look back and think what f***ing planets must have aligned at that time that meant I actually got pregnant.
Speaking of odds, I was told I had a 5-10% chance of success using my own eggs.
Does anyone know what the chance of success is if you're using donor eggs, from a 31 year old proven donor. Hypothetically, lol.
Hi ladies I pop in every now and again to read along but have decided to officially join you if you will have me?? I am not officially 40 yet (turning 36 this week) but after my follow up appointment today with Wazza after another failed cycle we have been officially told that as a couple we make pretty crappy chromosomally abnormal eggs and are very very lucky to have ever conceived DD 😳. We did expect to hear that as we always have a huge drop off of embies but it was still hard to take. I expected him to start to talking about donor eggs but he said as we have only done 4 fresh cycles so far he said we aren't there just yet. We have in total done 4 fresh cycles and in total have transfered 8 embies (including FET's) our last of which was our first pgd tested embie. We timed today's appointment so well it means I started synarel tonight before bringing on af next week when hopefully I can then start injecting alternate doses of menapur and puregon. Thinking this may be a good place for me as I have similar issues to you ladies x
@Heyside - that's good that you can jump back into another transfer cycle right away. It's hard to hear that your eggs are crap. I have had that conversation too and it's hard to accept. However it's good that Wazza hasn't called time on your OE yet. Hope this next cycle is your lucky one.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!