Oh FFS's , lets put an end to what is IMO scaremongering regarding the mercury fillings and their removal. I'm sorry @Rhino, but I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one even though I know your intentions are good.
Read this @Green lady and be guided by your FS and Dentist as they are the experts and won't put you or your embryo in harms way
This is what the FDA says:
The developing neurological systems in fetuses and young children may be more sensitive to the neurotoxic effects of mercury vapor. Very limited to no clinical data is available regarding long-term health outcomes in pregnant women and their developing fetuses, and children under the age of six, including infants who are breastfed. Pregnant women and parents with children under six who are concerned about the absence of clinical data as to long-term health outcomes should talk to their dentist.
However, the estimated amount of mercury in breast milk attributable to dental amalgam is low and falls well below general levels for oral intake that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) considers safe. Despite the limited clinical information, FDA concludes that the existing risk information supports a finding that infants are not at risk for adverse health effects from the mercury in breast milk of women exposed to mercury vapor from dental amalgam.
Some individuals have an allergy or sensitivity to mercury or the other components of dental amalgam (such as silver, copper, or tin). Dental amalgam might cause these individuals to develop oral lesions or other contact reactions. If you are allergic to any of the metals in dental amalgam, you should not get amalgam fillings. You can discuss other treatment options with your dentist.
For more information on FDA's scientific review and findings, see the new "Information for Use" statementrequired in dental amalgam labeling, and other documents in the Related Resources section.