+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Job interview

So I have a job interview next week. Its for an Aged care support worker.

In the email it said the interview will take approx. 1 hour and will be in front of a panel. Ive never done an interview so long and in front of a panel. What should I expect?

I'm taking it as a positive...im thinking its so intense to weed out the cr@p carers, (ive seen so many at my work experience place), carers that don't care and are in it only for the money. Carers who don't have compassion or passion for the job...I do 100%.

Thoughts?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I know my place of employment do interviews with 2 or 3 of the management.

I can't remember the questions I was asked when I went for an interview last year to change facilities but they really put me on the spot and I had worked in the industry for 4 years at the time.

Just be yourself, positive and dress smartly. Goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations on the interview!

I've never done aged care before, but most imterviews I've done have been panels and lasted about an hour.

There will probably be a series of questions something like "tell me about a time when", or "what would you do if" type questions.

There will also probably be questions relating to the necessary knowledge - in all the jobs I've interviewed for, there has always been one on privacy.

Use the STAR method of answering. If you had to answer selection criteria, make sure you know your answers inside out, because they'll help to form your answers in the interview. Of you aren't sure about whether you've answered and covered all the areas of the question, ask them. Also, don't be afraid to ask if you can come back to a question if you can't think of an answer straight away.

Let your passion and care shine through!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I believe if it's a 'panel', it will just mean you'll be interviewed by more than 2 people at the same time. They may be seated at a long table in front of you, or you'll be sitting at a round table.

I'm sure your genuine care and enthusiasm will shine through. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If it's for support work, the panel will most likely pose scenarios to you that can/may occur in an aged care setting and ask you how you would handle those particular situations and/or clients and give examples of where you have demonstrated that in previous jobs.

It sounds like you will be fine though, the sheer fact you are asking on here shows you care enough and I have no doubt that will show through with the panel. I know it's easier said then done, but try not to focus on the amount of people in the room, they're not there to intimidate you, even though it can be quite daunting!

All the best!