+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    I don't drink milk anyway, but I welcome new research into safe ways of raw milk being available for consumption. Raw milk is just milk as it comes from the cow, before its pasteurised (heat treated to kill bacteria). Unfortunately it's not only the bad bacteria that is killed in the process. DH grew up on a dairy farm and they drank milk straight from the cow all the time. Everyone did once upon a time.

It's obviously different when something is mass produced and made available to the consumer market. Safety is paramount. However, raw milk is available in other western countries and it's only a matter of time before its available here in one way or another. I hope this cold pressed method is safe as it would be good to have that option.

Bath milk (raw milk sold under the assumption people won't drink it but bathe in it - cr@p - of course they're drinking it! Loophole!) is available now and plenty of people demand it. So why not bring a safer alternative to the market.

Unsure how I feel about feeding it to my kids at this point. I would definitely consider it.
    If they could guarantee the safety of the milk through storage and transport then I am all for it. Over my childhood I have drunk milk raw from my uncles cow and also an older couple down the road where we used to buy milk.

I would not buy this particular milk due to the milk having to travel so far (I don't believe they sell it in Bris).

I would also prefer to have the milk no more than a day old so would only buy 500ml-1L (at most) every day. I am dreaming of the olden days of milk delivery in a glass bottle in the morning lol.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-06-2016),sunnygirl79  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would. I grew up drinking milk straight from the dairy.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would probably try it, but not go out of my way to purchase it.

I don't drink milk by the glass (I have a dash in coffee & use it for cereal) and no one else in my household consumes dairy milk, so I'm not really in the market for such a product.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    I spent 10 years as a child in Nowra so we regularly drank raw milk purchased direct from the farmer. My Opa had a farm near Berry and we used to help him milk his cow. I actually remember him pointing a tear at our mouths and squirting it in lol
    I love Berry!!

Back on topic..... I might give it a try. I wouldn't give it to DS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (02-06-2016)