Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    See it doesn't make sense to me that this shop would deliberately try to rip off a valued customer. If they deal in more high end jewellery and you buy quality pieces from them fairly regularly I just can't imagine they would attempt to rip you off on purpose. I really feel that this could have been an innocent mistake.
    Why would they have the earrings in the hold section and the bracelet back in the cabinet. When they were put on hold at the same time.

I'm a believer in Karma and I'll just let her handle it.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    Why would they have the earrings in the hold section and the bracelet back in the cabinet. When they were put on hold at the same time.

I'm a believer in Karma and I'll just let her handle it.
    Because you were sure about the earrings but not the bracelet.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm also curious to know how much later the OP returned. She told them 10 minutes, but in a later post said that she would expect them to hold items for an hour or two, which makes me suspect she was at least an hour to return. So much can happen in a shop in that time! Multiple people could have handled the bracelet. She could have forgotten the original conversation she had with you.
    The simple fact is- you only suspect they ripped you off on purpose. I would prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. Mistakes happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    I assume its because they no longer own the item.

If you put a deposit on something can they change the price? Or is that a can of worms?
    They have to honour the price. It's the same if you layby an item and it then goes on sale. They don't have to sell it to you for a discount.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

twinklify  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm also curious to know how much later the OP returned. She told them 10 minutes, but in a later post said that she would expect them to hold items for an hour or two, which makes me suspect she was at least an hour to return. So much can happen in a shop in that time! Multiple people could have handled the bracelet. She could have forgotten the original conversation she had with you.
    The simple fact is- you only suspect they ripped you off on purpose. I would prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt. Mistakes happen.
    This was my thoughts also. The server could have ducked to the bathroom and someone else noticed the mix up and fixed it. So when she came back she may not have even known it was switched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Because you were sure about the earrings but not the bracelet.
    A hold is a hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to another store which was next door and then 2 doors down to play lotto.
    Please don't question me. It's an insult. I can tell the time. LoL

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I'm assuming because 1)?the Ops kids were being a handful at the time and 2) she never thought the store would do a switch-a-rooney
    That could be true but if that where me and I've been there done that and doing it again I would ask the sales rep to show me the pieces I had held to make sure. Having been a customer at jewellery stores I am always making sure what I pay for is what I'm getting

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babybeeno1 For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I've just read through the thread. I really don't think the jewellery store intentionally did anything wrong.
    And since they offered a refund you aren't losing anything.
    I'm curious.... what kind of $$ are we talking about? $100...or $500??
    If I was spending a substantial amount of money on something I would certainly check it carefully before purchase. And I know what it's like doing shopping with one toddler. .. it's hard to concentrate so I'd probably not buy something too $$ if I was distracted.
    Also I don't think stores really have to 'hold' intended purchases..they do it as a favour.
    Honestly. .if they've offered the refund. .take it and go elsewhere to purchase another bracelet.

ETA OP..I think your causing yourself undue stress. If you haven't lost any money then just forget it. ..go elsewhere and get what you really want.
    Last edited by Tamtam; 02-06-2016 at 08:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The shop should have explained to the OP as soon as she arrived back in the store, that i checked the price and unfortunately someone had put the wrong ticket on it so it actually costs $such and such. Would you still like it or i can show you some other pieces around the price you were lookking at.

Not just giving the OP a totally different piece without informing her.
    Now the shopper has lost trust in the store.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (02-06-2016),AdornedWithCats  (02-06-2016),SuperGranny  (02-06-2016),Wise Enough  (02-06-2016),~Marigold~  (02-06-2016)

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast