Closed Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    But what if it wasn't that? What if they salesgirl was swapping out stuff and pocketing the profit? You don't know that wasn't what happened either
    But there wasn't any profit? The OP paid the correct amount for the correct item.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default A jewellery store did me wrong

I'm still confused, but I'll keep reading along. It sounds accidental to me
    My dh is a jeweller
    Last edited by Kazza78; 01-06-2016 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I will get a refund, it just made me really angry.

I believe they realised they put the price tag on the wrong item, but I cannot prove that because their cameras weren't working. I just needed to get it off my chest.
    If the bracelet was priced incorrectly, the sales lady should of informed you of the error and then given you the choice to either pay the correct price for the solid silver one or purchase the cheaper hollow one.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinkers For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (01-06-2016),Phony  (01-06-2016),VicPark  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    But there wasn't any profit? The OP paid the correct amount for the correct item.
    Thats how I interpreted it. It read to me like the OP assumed that is what happened. It could be a case if 2 items at the same price?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Kazza78  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be going to get a refund. After I receive a phone call.

They should of been honest and said we have marked the wrong item down. Not scam people. Simple.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nafsika For This Useful Post:

AceOfBase  (01-06-2016),babyno1onboard  (01-06-2016),Tinkers  (01-06-2016),VicPark  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    As long as you paid the correct price for what you received, the only issue I see is if they didn't let you know that they had initially made a mistake.
    A refund is sufficient if you're not happy with it. Are you expecting them to offer you the better bracelet at the cheaper price? That could be like them accidentally putting a diamond ring in the cubic zirconia section and then expecting it for the CZ price 😕

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkers View Post
    If the bracelet was priced incorrectly, the sales lady should of informed you of the error and then given you the choice to either pay the correct price for the solid silver one or purchase the cheaper hollow one.
    I agree with this and believe this is the real cause of the problem. If the sales lady was honest in the first place instead of trying to cover up the mistake I reckon OP would have been more accepting of the situation. Sure, she'd still been peeved cos she wanted the solid bracelet for the hollow price, but if she was told the truth I believe she would have been more understanding. We all make mistakes.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AceOfBase For This Useful Post:

Nafsika  (01-06-2016),SuperGranny  (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafsika View Post
    I will be going to get a refund. After I receive a phone call.

They should of been honest and said we have marked the wrong item down. Not scam people. Simple.
    Exactly! I don't blame you for feeling angry, I'd feel the same. We're not idiots, don't treat us like it and hope we're too dumb to notice. Good on you for sticking up for yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OP, did you try on multiple bracelets? Is it possible there was a communication issue with which one you actually wanted?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AceOfBase View Post
    I agree with this and believe this is the real cause of the problem. If the sales lady was honest in the first place instead of trying to cover up the mistake I reckon OP would have been more accepting of the situation. Sure, she'd still been peeved cos she wanted the solid bracelet for the hollow price, but if she was told the truth I believe she would have been more understanding. We all make mistakes.
    Yes, we do all make mistakes. The OP can't be sure that the shop deliberately misinformed her. Perhaps someone else in the shop noticed the error, swapped the prices and the lady who served the OP just grabbed the one that was for x amount dollars, knowing that was the price of the one the OP was after. Maybe she didn't, maybe she deliberately omitted to tell her. But none of us can ever know that, including the OP. Whatever happened, the OP got her money back and anything more than that is IMO actually trying to swindle the shop by demanding the more expensive item at the cheaper price. I also believe if the item had been replaced in the display that it was the OP's responsibility to check it was the one she wanted.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (01-06-2016),GlitterFarts  (01-06-2016),Kazza78  (01-06-2016)