Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default A jewellery store did me wrong

Ok I just read the OP again. So you told her you would be back for the earrings and to *maybe* the bracelet. And then I assume because your kids were mucking around you were longer than the stated 10 minutes? She had every right to put the bracelet back on display!
    I assume then at some point she has realised that the prices were wrong and swapped them. Which she also has every right to do. She then gave you the wrong bracelet, either by mistake or on purpose.
    Either way, you paid the correct amount for that particular bracelet when you were hoping to pay a far far cheaper price for something worth much more. You then went back to the shop and argued with them for 2.5 hours about getting the more expensive item for a much cheaper price :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    But did you pay for the higher priced item? Or was it the same price as the other bracelet? If it was the same price you could have asked to exchange. In saying that they might not have it so refund could be the only option

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it's good you got a refund! Just steer clear in future if you don't trust them

Thanks
    Reviews
    My issue would be that they hadn't offered you a refund straight away. I wouldn't go back there.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am confused.

Do you think they charged you the price of the expensive bracelet that you originally viewed but swapped it for a cheapie when you paid for it? So you paid full price for a cheap item, expecting to get what you paid for, the heavy sterling silver one? That's actually appalling on their behalf.... It's like (and correct me if I'm wrong, like I said I'm a bit confused reading your OP) if I saw a gold ring for $1000, agreed to buy it, but when making the transaction the cashier swapped it for a plastic ring?

Thanks
    Reviews
    So what does your receipt description say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    My issue would be that they hadn't offered you a refund straight away. I wouldn't go back there.
    we don't know that that's the case though. Sounds like the OP may have refused a simple refund first up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    I am confused.

Do you think they charged you the price of the expensive bracelet that you originally viewed but swapped it for a cheapie when you paid for it? So you paid full price for a cheap item, expecting to get what you paid for, the heavy sterling silver one? That's actually appalling on their behalf.... It's like (and correct me if I'm wrong, like I said I'm a bit confused reading your OP) if I saw a gold ring for $1000, agreed to buy it, but when making the transaction the cashier swapped it for a plastic ring?
    no it's the opposite. They accidentally had the price of the plastic ring on the gold ring, rectified their mistake and gave OP the plastic for the plastic price, and now she wants them to swap it for the gold.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (01-06-2016)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    no it's the opposite. They accidentally had the price of the plastic ring on the gold ring, rectified their mistake and gave OP the plastic for the plastic price, and now she wants them to swap it for the gold.
    Ahhhh Ok. Got it.

Is that it OP??

Thanks
    Reviews
    But what if it wasn't that? What if they salesgirl was swapping out stuff and pocketing the profit? You don't know that wasn't what happened either